Notices

The Unnamed Feeling

Old 04-27-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Bh28 View Post
Another reason AA won't work for me is that I'm not Christian. I was born and raised as a Sikh, and that's what I'll always be.

No disrespect, please don't remove this post.
Being a Christian is not a prerequisite for AA. And what works for one may or may not work for another. Keeping an open mind is essential in recovery no matter what method you choose.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think it's pretty common , Especially in our culture to always want mOre. I've been thinking a lot lately of that feEling I still get ( I've been sober 4 years ) - when I'm home Iwish I was out doING something, when I'm out doing something I wish I was home In pj's. I think it's partially how our brains work.
For us with drinking problems, I totally remember that feeling of needing to feel different and then putting way too many substances in my body and wishing I was clear headed. Your experience is common among us, seeking the right help and identifying the reasons why I drank and finding substitutes were part of my solutiOn. Do not give up hope . Millions of people in your shoes have found recovery. You are worth it and you are on the right track coming here.