Notices

No Comparison

Old 04-07-2015, 01:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No Comparison

The holiday weekend is over and I am now at work I feel fit, fresh and free from fear and anxiety. I have had a good nights sleep. There are no shakes or feelings of guilt or remorse no smell of alcohol coming from my pores no need to hide from co workers or fear having to look them in the eyes. I drove to work without fear of the police and being over the limit, i have had my breakfast which was food rather than coffee and valium.
My Family are still in bed and the illness is not hanging from the curtains they can go about their business today without having to worry about my behavior or who they will meet
The holiday weekends whilst drinking were the complete opposite a complete riot and I would be a shell of a person and feeling mentally, physicaly and spirtitualy beat.

I have accepted my alcoholism and my powerlessness rather than see this as self defeating i see it and feel it as liberating. I have finally shattered the delusion that i can drink safely or normally.

This is after a 28 year battle with alcoholism and all its effects on my family and myself.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds great baxibermuda

D
Old 04-07-2015, 01:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by baxibermuda View Post
I have accepted my alcoholism and my powerlessness rather than see this as self defeating i see it and feel it as liberating. I have finally shattered the delusion that i can drink safely or normally.
To thine own self be true! Waving the white flag is not defeat, it is honesty. You have left the depths of hell. Keep on, Keepin' On!
Old 04-07-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well put baxibermuda, Sobriety= Freedom for all involved..
Old 04-07-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome
Old 04-07-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's great! I too went to bed sober last night, had a great sleep, and woke up feeling refreshed rather than hungover.
2nd day back to work (4th day sober)...but i'm anxious to go to work. A drink or two usually eased that anxiety. I don't know why I get so anxious. Maybe I feel like I don't have my backup of the drink if need be.
But I will not take that first drink. I cannot. I'll lose everything I have not lost YET. Thanks for this post. Put things into perspective for me!