Notices

3 months, not getting better...

Old 04-03-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
EndGame

I've been where you are, Roy, particularly when I've suffered episodes of major depression. I lost interest and pleasure in virtually all activities. And, like many others, I confused "doing things" with getting involved in living my life.

I may be wrong, but I get the sense from your comments that you may be somewhat isolated; you didn't mention that other people, family and friends, are either trying to help you through all this or supporting you. I needed to break my isolating behaviors in order to get back to living, to allow people to help and support me. It sounds so very simple, but I know how difficult this can be.

You only need to open the door a little bit to let life in again. It doesn't hurt nearly as much as we may imagine it will be when we reach out for help.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah the 3 month mark was hard for me too if I recall. You seem to go through highs and lows and then things can get pretty bad for a bit. Persevere, you will get through it.
Just remember that you are new to recovery. If you have been drinking for a long time that is a lot of negative reinforcement to overcome. The effort is worth it, believe me it is and all the things you wish were different with your life will come if you let it.