Notices

Almost a week sober here...

Old 04-02-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost a week sober here...

I'm almost a week sober and still having withdrawals. I see the doctor next week and I will be on medication (valium) for my anxiety. I'm already on paxil for depression... One of the reasons why I drank so much was bc of my anxiety... so this should help... especially during this time. I'm off to bed everyone. goodnight
Old 04-02-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job and keep it up. Careful with the valium and only use prescribed amount. (Speaking from personal experience). Anxiety and depression was also part of why I used to drink so much.

Good night.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

a major reason i drank was because of anxiety. when i quit drinking my anxiety went through the roof. I felt like i had electricty running down my veins i'd climb the walls etc.. it was so so so hard to stay calm.

I did it without meds. I still do it without meds. and I question my judgement on that. I might have been able to make it easier on myself had I gone to the doc and gotten meds. I did mention it once to my doc and he told me to find a new doc he doesnt give out those sorts of meds so I left knowing I was forced to face this struggle with 0 help (story of my life).

On the bright side I know myself its very possible I woulda started up a new habit or anew addiction had i been given those meds.

I suppose my my point is if your docs give you meds to help ya out It really can be a helpful thing. It can also be a dangerious thing. Be careful and greatful for the help.

You sound like your doing well otherwise good job on the week. I hope things ease up for you.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((Lion))) you are awesome keep on keeping on here for you bud your doing really well
Old 04-03-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic Lion!! Keep it going!!
Old 04-03-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

7 days is fantastic!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

LionOfJudah, a week sober is just FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am not a doctor, but I would suggest to look into other antidepressants that also decrease anxiety. Valium is a drug that many addicts are susceptible to abusing, so you may be headed in the wrong direction with that drug.