Notices

How Much Money Are You Saving By Not Drinking?

Old 04-08-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

between my husband and i it was around $400 a month. makes me ill to think of it. i think we will be able to afford those new windows and doors we need for our home now.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

$400 per month
Old 04-09-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well for me it is probably quite a lot. [I]ts not just the direct cost of buying alcohol, but all the other element that ultimatey make a big difference. For example, taxis on nights out, club entry, food on the night, the general laziness that comes after drinking also means i dont have the enery to pack my lunches to work, and to cycle to work, so there is definitely a big knock on effect from the fall out of drinking that means am more tempted to take short cuts and so on. On a monthly basis, it probably works out to about 400 pounds including drinking related activities.

The indirect savings are a lot higher and harder to quantify though, eg work better, sleep better and have more energy which allows me to be better at economising in other areas of life too, and because my job is sales based it definitey has an effect to how well do my job.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Enough to pay cash for a Scion FRS with every upgrade(TRD).
Someone else in Ontario has SOBER as a plate.
I'm not alone.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

about $350-400 for the booze it itself ,but thousands from not making spontaneous , drunken decisions to do this and that!
Old 04-12-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I lost everything I worked for when I was younger.
"celebration" was for the spoils of my hard earn't dollar, lost the lot and now those opportunities that were there over 30 years ago, I cannot go back and do it again less the booze, drugs and my old thinking.

Somehow, my entire life seems nothing but a dream, I could have retired very early in life, 2-3 houses, see my children grow and get married, my ex and I would have live a "white picket fence and roses" life-style watching a grand child grow, etc etc , all those things "normal" people do.

Alcohol and alcoholism eventually stripped that all away, people, friends, family, ex, kids just gave up, and they are still relentless today,( mainly stigma and un-grounded fears) the amends and whatever did not "bite" in my case,yet.
I still have no contact with most of family, it's a trust issue, and the gossipers that will not keep their fkng mouth shut, reminding the past.

The cost is beyond the material, my actions while drunk hurt and humiliated many to the core of souls. Even sober the resentments within, the blaming of others seemed to isolate the case even further.

All the above is by no means an exaggeration - it is what it is, it only happened when I drank alcohol. The drugs just numbed the feelings of despair.

I count the cost daily of not having bonded with most of family day by day.
That's the price.

My "bank" today though is far far better than what it was 7 years ago after my last drop of alcohol.

Thank God, the 12 steps and AA for the Hope.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I see a trend around here and the average monthly bill seems to even out at about $300 cash and I can confirm this is also true for myself.

Between daily booze and pot consumption I've racked up a $6000 a year habit and I can't for the life of me even begin to wrap my head around it.

This just isn't healthy, is it? Damn.