Notices
View Poll Results: Do you drink exclusively or do you have drug problems as well?
Just alcohol
79.03%
Alcohol and other drugs
20.97%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

All The Shots

Old 04-08-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Can't it be neither?
Old 04-10-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am a booze only gal. I was a young single mother, so could not afford either.By the time I could, my social circle were drinkers only.
By the Grace of God, go I.

Last edited by StormiNormi; 04-10-2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-11-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The cool thing is we are learning that we can rewire our brains to think in new ways.

Congrats on five months. I wish you the best.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I did everything I could get my hands on down through the years. Acid, Shrooms, E, Speed, Coke - just super grateful things like smack and meth weren't doing the rounds when I was younger. The funny thing is that despite the rep of stuff like coke it was booze and weed that really stuck around, became a long term problem and wreaked complete havoc. Don't get me wrong I remember some comedowns off 3 day E and booze benders years ago and it's hard to imagine feeling worse. But booze and weed are the two intoxicants that have really landed me in it over the last 6 -8 years.

The thing I have finally learned though is that while the specific effects and negatives may differ the thing they all share is that they lead back to the same place - physical and mental illness, confusion, depression and self-destruction. I'm determined to stay off weed this time too which I have used as a crutch. It may be slightly better than booze in not absolutely guaranteeing I go on a massive bender - I have smoked a lot during several 'sober' periods and managed to show up for work every day - but the nasty mental side effects have meant I have become withdrawn, distant, paranoid, moody, irrational, difficult to work with and this led me back to the booze anyway. Different things work for different people but for me I am finally listening to all the people who told me it needed to be 100% sober, no crutches! Best of luck