Notices

Bluebird journal

Old 05-27-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Congrats on 40 days and 40 forty nights !the anti-Noah(dry) feels good , right ? keep truckin !
Feels amazing :-) Thank you
Old 05-28-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Boxercise session again tonight, frustration of the working week exercised and exorcised ha ha. Much better feeling walking out of that room sweating from hard work than sweating due to booze that's for sure.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Evening everyone :-) Honesty is something I'm big on so it's my best mates stag do tomorrow and I'm going along. Everyone knows I'm not drinking and are cool about it to be fair to them. I'll be sipping a few Becks Blue alcohol free and to be honest I bet they don't even notice. I'm feeling strong and ready to deal with this challenge, I know a lot of you have told me to dodge it and I would if he not my best mate. He's fine with me not drinking (I was completely honest with him) and I've faith in myself and God looking after me tomorrow. I will be checking in on here often though to keep myself sharp.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Day of the stag, gym done, food eaten, no interest in drinking whatsoever. Not pretending it's going to be a walk in the park but I'm doing this for me now and no one else.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Bad news to report, I drank last night. The stag (as I was warned by many on here) was a step too far. I regroup and go again, it's my fault one hundred percent and I accept full responsibility.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

So the anger towards myself has slightly abated, it's 100% my fault, I put myself in the situation and didn't listen to reason from people who know better.

We go again, I'm thankful for the 42 days even though I blew them
Old 06-01-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Bluebird1927 View Post
Bad news to report, I drank last night. The stag (as I was warned by many on here) was a step too far. I regroup and go again, it's my fault one hundred percent and I accept full responsibility.
And now you have the wedding to go to. I can't imagine this being any easier to tackle. I feel for you.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post

And now you have the wedding to go to. I can't imagine this being any easier to tackle. I feel for you.
Did my last wedding sober, the wedding isn't as big an issue. As people mentioned, the stag is all about drink. I can shoot off before the party begins.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:13 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Good sleep last night, due to the fact I didn't drink as much as I usually do as I felt sick as a dog, my body probably wondering what the hell was going on.

The fact is I drunk though and the amount is irrelevant.

Few days off work coming up, catch up on sleep and refresh. Week back in work then two weeks off including a three day trip to Berlin with my girlfriend. Been on a stag do before (what a surprise) but doing the tourist thing this time. A city steeped in so much history and the break will do me a world of good.

Once again thanks for people's support even though I threw it back in your faces by drinking. I really do appreciate honestly appreciate it
Old 06-02-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Angry day, angry at myself, angry I ever picked up a ******* drink. At least I'm not blaming anyone I suppose, I can 100% see this recent slip was my own stupid fault. If I could literally beat myself up I would.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Bluebird1927 View Post
Angry day, angry at myself, angry I ever picked up a ******* drink. At least I'm not blaming anyone I suppose, I can 100% see this recent slip was my own stupid fault. If I could literally beat myself up I would.
Beating yourself up and blame help no one in this situation Bluebird. Concentrate on what you need to do in order to prevent it from happening again....you need your energy for that.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post

Beating yourself up and blame help no one in this situation Bluebird. Concentrate on what you need to do in order to prevent it from happening again....you need your energy for that.
Thank you. Very good point. Five days off work now, came at the right time. Refresh myself and come again