Notices

Am I going to have withdrawals?

Old 03-26-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wheresthefun View Post
Where did you see the OP committing to a "last step?" Also, most people who come to this site would consider a "last step" total abstinence, as opposed to "not drink during the week."
That's cool and all and I whole heartedly commend those who totally quit. Right now, it's not for me. My goal is to change my unhealthy drinking habits to something more inline with health standards. I'm not sure I ever admitted to being an alcoholic. For damned sure I was chemically addicted, as I remember slight withdrawal after my first stint in complete abstinence from 6 strong beers per day to none. But I'm real proud of myself from going from the levels I drank in the past to where I've been the last year or so.

My goal now is to just not drink during the week and drink responsibly on the weekends. I'm still probably addicted to 2-3 beers per night, but I'm weaning myself down to 1, then 1 everyother daynone. The biggest hurdle is going to be the mental break from relaxing with a few beers after a stressful day.