Notices

again and again

Old 03-21-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

again and again

my thread title was going to be 'weekends are awful' because without fail every single weekend over the past four months has turned into the most horrible experience, and i was going to say that midweek i seem to manage to regulate my intake but that was just a gigantic lie because st paddy's was on tuesday wasn't it.... and i got so hammered.... there were one or two days though this week i felt relatively human, but weekends are awful. i keep thinking i've cracked it and i'm tapering off then i do the same thign over and over... i just want to detox now i just want it over i can't do it alone i keep saying i'm going to do it this time yeah you've got it ansd i don't, another week down i guess... got another appointment on monday with the doctor in the detox place. i want the bed to come through i just want to go into the rehab.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I hope you can get into rehab Monday, and I know how you feel. Be safe..
Old 03-22-2015, 12:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like Scott I hope you can go in Monday.
Try for a sober sunday too

D
Old 03-22-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi.

Unfortunately for many it’s difficult getting and staying sober even when we know the bleak future we have if we continue. Drinking never gets better once we are alcoholics and are addicted to alcohol. The only sane way out is abstaining and learning how to function without it.

I needed to surrender and be honest with myself about my drinking. Then I needed to accept the fact I cannot drink alcohol in safety one day at a time in a row.

For too many it’s a too slow a process because we’ve looked for instant fixes, but this sobering up takes time depending on the individual. The big thing is to stop and stay stopped.

The long term results can be wonderful to observe.

BE WELL