Notices

Medication interfering with paws ?

Old 03-21-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Medication interfering with paws ?

Does any medication interfear with PAWS recovery??

I've read that during paws you have to sustain complete absence from drugs and alcohol.
My experience is bad with any sleeping meds , Zopicone, nytol and even night nurse , every time I've taken one tablet of the above the next day or 2 I suffer depression , extra foggy head, spells of dizzyness and a drugged up feeling .

I also had a worst reaction after taking antidepressants (ssri) so I've stopped taking them.
I don't want to take medication but my insomnia is bad and some weeks I hardly sleep so I have no choice .
I'm worried that by taking the medication it will interfear with my brain healing
I've checked my calander and I'm only 50 days sober , I haven't been drunk since November but had a beer in January so that's the date I now use.
It's terrible this recovery so many bad days , just feel off , my energy levels are up and down , ringing in head , foggy head , slight dizzy ness ESP when I stand from laying down, anxiety spells , depression spells , insomnia and have stoped going out and had to quit most of my work .

Recovery sucks , just glad I don't crave a drink ... 20 years of heavy binge drinking is enough drinks in my life thanks.

Hope sombody can answer the paws and medication question as it's hardly spoke about on SR .

This site is great it's really helping me get though this so much .
Thanks everybody
Old 03-21-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

A detox nurse was telling me about these sort of drugs. What she said was they don't work in the sense that they don't improve things. I guess you can check this out in a practical way. The idea was that if you keep doing what you are doing, in a months time you will be in exactly the same place with exactly the same feelings and problems.

That was her view. My experience is you will be lucky if you can stay the same, it usually gets worse. We will have to wait and see what your experience is.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really recommend you speak to your DR before going off or changing meds. It's always possible you'll make things worse.

D