Notices

unreliable people

Old 03-20-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

unreliable people

Have to vent a bit. Back in October I got in trouble which opened my eyes and I got sober. In the mean time I get everything in line to have my dog cared for on weekends that I have to go to jail. Well everyone backed out and I'm stuck with what to do. I chose people that know her, can handle her, and love animals. Every kennel in the area has black marks on their records so for my dog that's a hell no option.

Even when I drank, if I said I would do something, I did it. It is my biggest pet peeve when dealing with people as I was brought where your word is bond.

Sorry just pissed off at the moment and needed to vent. Sponsor wasn't an option as he is one of the accused.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, I understand your frustration. I'm sure a solution will come about.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope you have found someone to take care of your dog I have a Golden Retriever/ Lab. (Snowball) I want to say about 65 pds. She is about 7 yrs. old. Still thinks she a puppy!

Also Galey ( she's a small dog) don't know exacty what she is lol . Can run like a bat out of hell though.

Oh yeah, a bird and a cat too! Yes, a small zoo

My son and I had a hamster but that didn't go so well

Have a wonderful day
Old 03-20-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand your frustration too BJ. hope you can find a good solution for you and the pup

D
Old 03-20-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Call up a dog watcher. I know there are services out there because that's what my bf's mom does. It won't be free but cheaper than a kennel. Lot's of folks do it out of their homes. Put an ad on kijiji or craigslist or look for one... or better yet go hang around the dog parks and ask around. Hope it works out
Old 03-20-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't know the area you are from but any dog walker will know someone who watches dogs. If you are really rural it might be more of a challenge but still doable. And then it's one less thing you have to worry about while you are TCOB.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Have you asked your pet's vet if s/he knows anyone or facility with a good rep?

Hope you find a satisfactory solution.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hope it works out. I have a dog and know how hard it is to be away. If I lived closer I would be happy to do it.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry BFJ
Old 03-21-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by barefootjunker View Post
Have to vent a bit. Back in October I got in trouble which opened my eyes and I got sober. In the mean time I get everything in line to have my dog cared for on weekends that I have to go to jail. Well everyone backed out and I'm stuck with what to do. I chose people that know her, can handle her, and love animals. Every kennel in the area has black marks on their records so for my dog that's a hell no option.

Even when I drank, if I said I would do something, I did it. It is my biggest pet peeve when dealing with people as I was brought where your word is bond.

Sorry just pissed off at the moment and needed to vent. Sponsor wasn't an option as he is one of the accused.
That's the exact reason we develop a relationship with the God of our understanding in AA. People have feet of clay, they will always let you down.

Then theres the bit in the big book about the actor and the director ect. We don't handle it well when people don't behave as we think they should. Unsatisfied expectations lead to resentments, which often leads us back to drink.

I agree with your sentiment, my word is my bond, but I don't have any power to hold anyone else to that standard. When this sort of problem crops up, I spend a little time in prayer and meditation to try and figure out what God wants me to do.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well it worked out, a friend's daughter announced on facebook she needed a job and I told her to come in and put in an app. She has rotts, and I asked her and she gladly accepted. She has a job today and I have a dog sitter when I need one. So it worked out better then I expected and I got to help someone out that needed it too.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

A win-win for all involved. Thanks for the follow up.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats BFJ