Notices

scared right now

Old 03-18-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

scared right now

In an attempt to get some sleep I took three Tylenol pms . Then I almost had a panic attack so I took a librium . I calmed down . Couldn't sleep and got bored so I went and got a beer from the store. Drank about half of a 24 oz. Then I thought to look up the drug interactions. Scared the craps out of myself . Now I am back in full panic attack again.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Mixing all those could be dangerous, please contact a doctor or the ER if you feel unsafe.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am heading to the Er right now . After doing some reading and poking around online
Old 03-18-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Done worse but at the time didn't care. Quantity wasn't that great but not a good mixture. Getting medical help is probably not a bad idea and would at least put your mind at ease.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well the guy who checked me in said I would probably be fine.... Sort of put my mind at ease but after reading stories about people taking the dose of 10mg and drinking half a bottle of wine and dieing. Is really frightening
Old 03-18-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got checked out.

Maybe you need a better plan on how to manage your anxiety and stay sober tho, tear?

D
Old 03-18-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree.. I need something . I just have to find out what. I hate feeling like this so much. Why can't I just be normal. Getting sleepy now but I'm to afraid to go to sleep out of fear I won't wake up
Old 03-19-2015, 12:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad you got checked out
Old 03-19-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Tear View Post
Couldn't sleep and got bored so I went and got a beer from the store.
So, as you start day one, craft a plan that addresses the things that prompt you to drink. "Bored" could have been fixed a hundred different ways, but you fell back on drinking. Which begs the question, was it boredom? Or discontent with sobriety? Either way, you have to figure out a way to get past it.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I would have been more concerned about frying your liver with that amount of acetaminophen. Like I suggested on another thread, since I've seen no mention if it, have you sought professional counseling? I'm no friend of 12 step or the treatment industry, but I probably would have never gotten sober had I not conceded that I couldn't do it myself.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zjw

In my drinking days pretty regularly after polsihing off 15+ beers i'd pop 2 ibprofin and a couple sleeping pills because i'd always wake up in the middle of the night skin crawling sweats feeling terrible and taking these pills helped keep me down for the night at least. That feeling i'd wake up feeling I did not realize was more then likely withdrawels form the booze.

I was an idiot for doing that and mixing other stuff as well.

there is a line in the movie clerks where dante is always crying about how "I'm not even suppost to be here today!" mad he got called into work on his day off etc..

THat line always sticks with me given my past history more then likely "i'm not even suppost to be here today" But for some reason I am.

For some reason you are too.

I'm glad your here.