Notices

New here

Old 03-16-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

Hey Everyone,
I'm a newbie to this site. I'm looking for giving and receiving support from all of you. I've just hit my 45th day of sobriety. Recently have felt a bit "blah". I wonder if this is the "wall" I've heard people talk about in recovery.
I've been laying low socially and I was talking to my roommate/good friend about this last night. I'm actually ok with it but I noticed I'm extra irritable because she pointed out that she had noticed that too. I noticed myself holding back from wanting to say that I feel like I've been working really hard in recovery and right now this is the best I can do. I found myself getting really angry and frustrated in my head and wanting to angrily respond but I worked through the urge. Does anyone notice this irritability with others? Especially those not in recovery?
Old 03-16-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have been doing a bit better but I was extremely irritable as well. It seemed worse for me around the 6 month mark and I was just becoming a bear to be around. So far, the only thing that I have done to resolve it is simply to recognize when I am feeling that way. I wish you the best in overcoming your moodiness and hope to keep the reigns on mine as well.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Katie!!
Old 03-16-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Welcome and congrats on 45 days! I'm at around 65 and I've hit various points along the way where I was irritable, too. I think a lot of it is just life, as I know many teetotalers who are irritable from time to time, too. When we're sober, we're just more aware of the different moods we have, I think. When I drank, I was irritable much more often.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Hi Katie xx
Old 03-16-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Katie its nice to meet you
Old 03-16-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep - I felt the same. It was around that time when I got myself to AA for some support. Best thing I ever did. Honestly. E V E R !!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...d-support.html
Old 03-16-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Katie - welcome

I think most of us hit the doldrums at same point - I found this community was a great help then - read around, post as much as you like - and post to others too...it all helps

D
Old 03-16-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to meet you Katie. I felt like that for the first couple months. I was grateful to be sober, but wanted to feel more enthusiastic. It's a huge adjustment to make, but you'll feel more hopeful and optimistic as time goes on. Glad you joined us - it helps to share with people who understand.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Forgort to mention - the AA book 'Living Sober' is brilliant - Kindle versions available very cheap or you can order paper copies online if you can't bring yourself to go to a meeting x
Old 03-16-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That's totally normal. Way to go on 45 days!
Old 03-16-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you for the warm welcomes!
Old 03-17-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your welcome thank you for being awesome
Old 03-17-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katie1985 View Post
Hey Everyone,
I'm a newbie to this site. I'm looking for giving and receiving support from all of you. I've just hit my 45th day of sobriety. Recently have felt a bit "blah". I wonder if this is the "wall" I've heard people talk about in recovery.
I've been laying low socially and I was talking to my roommate/good friend about this last night. I'm actually ok with it but I noticed I'm extra irritable because she pointed out that she had noticed that too. I noticed myself holding back from wanting to say that I feel like I've been working really hard in recovery and right now this is the best I can do. I found myself getting really angry and frustrated in my head and wanting to angrily respond but I worked through the urge. Does anyone notice this irritability with others? Especially those not in recovery?
Hey Katie, Im in the same point of sobriety you are on, I'm going thru the same, and yes some days you have to hide to prevent yourself from hurting people around you. Yup since I stopped drinking I seem to have much less friends.

But if being irritable is the worst part of your recovery then you are doing pretty great. Believe me.

In this body and mind cleansing process Im also purging my life from people who where a negative influence in my life. Call it a bonus.

And I know people who bring positive things to my life will start appearing.

We decided to change our lifes. So lets embrace this change... as painful as it might be at first.