Notices

And THIS is why i get frustrated

Old 03-13-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And THIS is why i get frustrated

So I have reports back electronically...comments all over the place. Needs a signature. SO for each one, I have to print it out, sign it, scan it in, rename the file, save as a PDF and reload it to the server.

More comments: each one needs a map with landmarks on it. Maps are in the file room, which I cannot enter, because I lost the stupid card you need to enter the building and I emailed the person and never got a response (twice).

The other maps are in another office, about 1 hour away. So, I suppose, I have to pick a day to drive all the way up there and copy all of them. Then I have to scan them in, but since they have to be part of the same document that is already existing, I have to print out this document, attach it, scan it as one document, save it as a PDF, rename it and upload it.

Then, since when I try to save the spreadsheets as a PDF, it only saves one tab, I have to print out all the speadsheets, scan them in one at a time, save as a PDF, rename, upload to the server.

Don't even get me started on the fact that they now have half of the document available on a Word document and half available on an Excel document, and you best believe when I turn them in, they have to all be on the same document. If you know how to do this, you're a better person than I am.

All of this has to be done before I can even have these documents considered for signing and approval.

And THISSSSS is why I get irriated at work.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hugs Alaina! ❤️
Old 03-13-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hang in there Alaina i think your awesome
Old 03-13-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

im not laughing at you i'm laughing with you. what you describe I dont understand it all but I can tell that its terribly combersome pain in the butt process.

My job is like that and i have to always ask myself why? what is all this even for! who really cares if its like this or not!@()! is this just busy work who uses this stuff!! etc...

I can relate. and I could rattle off a very simlier post.

I got some lady now nagging me when i'll be done with something mind you shes going to be on vacation the next few days so i have no idea why shes in such a big rush for me to finish other then to be up my ass for no reason!
Old 03-13-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's just one thing after another after another. Fine, I will take an entire day of your time to go to the other office, get maps, scan them in and then upload them.

I guarantee when I'm done it will be something else...
Old 03-13-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

although the specific steps are different, you just described the absolute frustration and stupidity of some processes I have to deal with in my job. And it has been one of those days. So, I feel your pain.

Hang in there.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

There's a reason they have to pay us to work. If it's fun, they charge admission.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's just so frustrating to work for hours on something only to be told it's not right over and over and over.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by alaina742 View Post
It's just one thing after another after another. Fine, I will take an entire day of your time to go to the other office, get maps, scan them in and then upload them.

I guarantee when I'm done it will be something else...
oh yeah I get to take these classes each year the same ones year after year after year and it takes hours and every employee has to do it to appease the shareholders there pretty pointless after the first time. and then i get ask for ideas so save costs and i think really ... you want my ideas? conference calls where the head guy gets to hear himself speak and get off on that while the entire company gets paid to listen to this fool talk about nothing anyone is interested in etc.. and you wonder whats this costing the place?

i could go on and on and on the amount of time and money wasted on stupid procedures that do nothing more then allow the fool who thought of them to feel important and as if his job now has justification and has been validated when generally they have no use to the company other then to get in the way.

I'll stop i could write a book about the painful nonsense that goes on. I once had someone email me about stupid stuff on a sunday evening. I asked them how come your not spending time enjoying your wife and kids whats wrong with you. I got told they enjoyed there job etc.. I told them they should get there priorities in order on a sunday evening there are more impotant things in life then this nonsense.

I dunno maybe i'm wrong and I should live for my employer and all this stuff is not dumb I dunno.

But I always figure its important if there gonna put flowers on my grave otherwise its just a job not a vocation.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
zjw

It's just so frustrating to work for hours on something only to be told it's not right over and over and over.
we got processes that used to take me 2 minutes that now take me days all because of the new "procedures" we have that are so important. all just wasted time.

its painful really. I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a blunt acidic object. lol
Old 03-13-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zjw

For what its worth I'll clock watch come quiting time i try and move on. I used to let it eat me alive in my off hours too. but decided there not worth it they pay me for 40 i'll deal with it for 40 after that i gotta put it out of my head. It doesnt work all that well all the time but its what i try to do.

The bright side? there are good jobs out there I swear! just gotta find one *sigh*
Old 03-13-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So what does one do after a long day of screwing everything up at work? Go to the gym and run reallyyyyyy slow. Because now I'm out of shape.

Welcome to rock bottom...I have to find the humor in it.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
zjw

So what does one do after a long day of screwing everything up at work? Go to the gym and run reallyyyyyy slow. Because now I'm out of shape.

Welcome to rock bottom...I have to find the humor in it.
yeah its not a bad idea. How i see it is this. at one time this sorta thing could happen and you could flip **** and beat someones ass and feel better. But thats not acceptable now. you cant just scream and go balistic at the job. But here you are holding on to this frustration going what the heck am i suppost to do with this anger this frustration etc.. I can go drink i suppose. I could go send my boss to hell and beat him there with a bat that would make me feel better but both these options are not acceptable and wont help me out much in the long run.

I could go home and smash things but then i destroy my own stuff etc..

Or you could yes go tot he gym and take out your frustrations on the treadmill or weights or punching bag or something. Some form of physical exhertion goes a long way.

I think we are wired to get this frustation and agression out in a physical way. just have to find a healthy physcial way.

I know after i'm dont physically exerting myself the endorphins kick in and i feel better and usualy i'm just too tired to be mad after etc.. or the endorphins have me feeling better.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I actually am looking forward to going back there, to finally take the steps to get out of this paperwork doghouse. I mean, how many more requirements can there be? (IF THERE IS A HIGHER POWER DONT MAKE ME EAT THOSE WORDS).
Old 03-13-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
zjw

I actually am looking forward to going back there, to finally take the steps to get out of this paperwork doghouse. I mean, how many more requirements can there be? (IF THERE IS A HIGHER POWER DONT MAKE ME EAT THOSE WORDS).
yeah careful what you wish for. I find my higher power has a sense of humor and likes to teach me lessons that i dont always wanna learn. I really am just a grown up child.

ever see that movie office space. thats how i feel sometimes "you quit?" "nope i just decided i'm not going in"
Old 03-13-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yeah, work can be frustrating. That's why it's not called vacation. Not making light of your day, just agreeing. I really think it's great that you're going to minimize your frustration by going to the gym and run. Slow, fast, long, short, it's all better than many other alternatives.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
Yeah, work can be frustrating. That's why it's not called vacation. Not making light of your day, just agreeing. I really think it's great that you're going to minimize your frustration by going to the gym and run. Slow, fast, long, short, it's all better than many other alternatives.

I realize your not making light of it. But I think what alaina is describeing goes beyond the whole work is no fun. Work is work sure who wants to work rarara i get that. what she is discusing tho I think goes beyond that. IF what she is talking about is just typical work and she should easily stomach it then maybe something is wrong.

I know my gripes about my job go above and beyond in many respects. If i could just sit down and do my work and go home I think i might be able to hack it. but it never works out that way. Of course in my case what i do agitates me to all new levels so maybe not.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
zjw

in my case i'm also trying the acceptance aspect. This is just the way that it is why do i expect it to be any different. the insane are runing the asylum that being said why should I expect it to be any different?

this helps me some. I also just have to take a breather through out the day all day long as well. I wish i had a magical solution.

in my case the main solution will be when i find a new job.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I have to stay there so in just trying to have the best attitude possible. I know my boss is gunning for the next promotion, so that overshadows everything he does. Eventually he has to find an end to the requirements. Eventually he has to get bored with it and move onto something else.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((Alaina)))