Notices

And THIS is why i get frustrated

Old 03-23-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

OK, now I'm seriously annoyed. WRITING IS MY STRONGEST TALENT. I find it amazing that I can't write ONE thing at work without it requiring a revision. Particularly in light of the fact that I've worked here, revision free, for 9 years, before this "supervisor." Also, had I done better in high school, or come from a family with more money, I could have gone to Oberlin or Vassar for Creative Writing and could be out working as a writer, instead of throwing away my talents here. I scored in the top 4% of test takers worldwide on the GRE; I think I know how to write a report.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Change what you can, accept what you can't and ask for help if you have a hard time knowing the difference. (which is often the case with me...)

Was in my 3rd year of sobriety in a job I hated. I told myself as long as I was sober I could start from the unemployment line if need be. However, I was single (38) without family ties so my situation might be different than others here.

But I did the footwork and got myself on track employment-wise. Don't love my job yet don't hate going to work either.

Complaining about one's situation (which like everyone I tend to do...) generally isn't going to change things. You can say the serenity prayer before walking in the door (which I did) but you can also do the footwork and hopefully make things better.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

OK, now I'm seriously sorry I posted anything.

Please, no one else bother to respond.

THE END.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ken33xx View Post
Change what you can, accept what you can't and ask for help if you have a hard time knowing the difference. (which is often the case with me...)

Was in my 3rd year of sobriety in a job I hated. I told myself as long as I was sober I could start from the unemployment line if need be. However, I was single (38) without family ties so my situation might be different than others here.

But I did the footwork and got myself on track employment-wise. Don't love my job yet don't hate going to work either.

Complaining about one's situation (which like everyone I tend to do...) generally isn't going to change things. You can say the serenity prayer before walking in the door (which I did) but you can also do the footwork and hopefully make things better.
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY I CANNOT, LITERALLY CANNOT, AFFORD TO LIVE ON THIS EARTH IF I DO NOT HAVE THIS JOB? It's really nice that everyone could do that in their early recovery, but I cannot.

NOT willing to be in a homeless shelter. NOT willing to give away my animals to go to said homeless shelter.

It's not "complaining" it's not a "resentment" can't I say one goddamned thing without everyone jumping on me? Everyone else can blather on twenty paragraphs about wanting to drink...how great alcohol is...their exes...codependence...whatever, but I say one thing and it's "you have a resentment" or it's "complaining without doing the 'footwork'"

Which, I'm curious: if I'm non-emplopyable, exactly WHAT is my footwork?

I'll shut up about it, I'e already contacted my union. So you won't have to hear about it again.

NOW GO HELP EVERYONE ELSE
Old 03-23-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Alaina just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and I hope you keep writing on here for support. We're here for you.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alaina742 View Post
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY I CANNOT, LITERALLY CANNOT, AFFORD TO LIVE ON THIS EARTH IF I DO NOT HAVE THIS JOB? It's really nice that everyone could do that in their early recovery, but I cannot.

NOT willing to be in a homeless shelter. NOT willing to give away my animals to go to said homeless shelter.

It's not "complaining" it's not a "resentment" can't I say one goddamned thing without everyone jumping on me? Everyone else can blather on twenty paragraphs about wanting to drink...how great alcohol is...their exes...codependence...whatever, but I say one thing and it's "you have a resentment" or it's "complaining without doing the 'footwork'"

Which, I'm curious: if I'm non-emplopyable, exactly WHAT is my footwork?

I'll shut up about it, I'e already contacted my union. So you won't have to hear about it again.

NOW GO HELP EVERYONE ELSE

Fine.

Good luck.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi alaina, you sound pissed off, nothing more, nothing less. It will go away in time. Can't say I blame you, 9 years revision free and now there are "issues" and the only thing that has changed is this new supervisor.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

This forum has an ignore function available. Arguing with each other on the forum is against the rules and this thread has been reported.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

I removed numerous posts and closed the thread.

Everyone take a break and try to calm down.