Notices

The Daily Sans-Cow Journal

Old 04-05-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Thanks, Ajax. He may be a robot, but he's one of us.

Rob, I hope you are feeling better. We will miss you. Ajax and Rob, prayers for peace and healing.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Mods, could someone please close this thread? We've reached our 500 post limit.

Please join us on our new thread titled "Fifty Shades of Mystic Okra"

Love from Lenina

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...stic-okra.html
Old 04-05-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Robot, we will be waiting your return. Until then, I hope they can figure out what is going on with your body. Much compassion, Puffy
Old 04-05-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Dear Robby and Ajax - plenty of healing thoughts and prayers your way! Hoping that you both are afforded some respite and relaxation today.

Hugs for you both.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Hey friends

Thank you Melissa for letting the guys know. Nicely said babe. You did all that while from home I was sleeping in the ER hall last night, lol.

Clever raccoon.

Thanks friends for the warmest of wishes and sincere cares and concerns. Much appreciated, and a complete surprise anybody even knew as I hadn't openly spoke on these recent complications, lol. These new complications are not related to my spine, and heart concerns. Nor to my post-polio syndrome. Wow.

So yeah, the last week leading up to Easter has been the toughest. I couldn't swallow solids, they would just come right back up. Eventually, by Thursday I couldn't even keep water down. So of course I dehydrated. Badly. I'm on my third saline bag in under 24 hrs. This last one is loaded with potassium. I still can't eat solids as yet. I have an improvement with fluids after an exploratory upper endoscopy opened things up a wee bit, and they have discovered some things of interest, and taken a few biopsies. I also had a CT scan today, and a small mass has been discovered at the base of my throat, and a biopsy will be taken tomorrow. Turnaround for the lab results is anywhere from 24hrs to several days depending on whatever the workload and testing and so on. As well, in my lower tract, I have a few ulcers, and this (so far) is not related to my throat.

Their initial thoughts of my medical team at this point is that years of acid reflux have narrowed and constricted my lower throat. The suggested remedy seems easy enough, just have three of for endoscopy treatments which are used to slowly each time stretch and expand my throat. The relief would be expected to be permanent. As for the biopsies, well, we all hope for the best of course. If they turn out to be not as wanted, I'll deal with it nonetheless. It won't be the first time I've fought to save my life.

So, looks like I'm here for a few days. I have a nice room shared with one other guy. He's very quiet. I'm hydrating a lot now, and so I feel a whole lot better. And hospital stays for me are almost like visiting home I've spent so much in my life, so mentally, I'm good. And I'm happy we are working the problem. I can't wait until I can have some dble cheese extra sauce all dressed with bacon pizza!! Hmmm.

Oh yeah, it seems I've lost 25 lbs since late January when this all started to progress. 25lbs! An earned benefit, lol.

Hey friends, thank you one and all for all the love sent to Melissa and I. Truly outstanding!

Thank you.

Robby
Old 04-05-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  
p***enger

The best thing in my day so far by far is your post, R.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Jesus God, Robot, you more calm during crisis than I is when I asleep. You keepa go!
~Moo Mwah
Old 04-05-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thanks guys. They just started my 4th bag of saline. Man, I'm a thirsty Robot, hahaha.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you on the mend Rob

I've been waiting for a 'break in traffic' LOL...apologies to the lurkers but it's past time to close this thread.

I'll direct everyone over to the sister thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...stic-okra.html