Notices

It's been a long week!

Old 03-07-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Justme

It's been a long week!

I go through this vicious cycle, hungover and swear off drinking but then a few days go by and Friday right back to it! This week was different all week I really struggled that little voice couldn't convince me that just a few wouldn't hurt!!! My drinking friends started early on Thursday but I stayed home. I've been reaching out to family and friends talking. Ironically my mom is a drug and alcohol counselor. We had a long conversation and I feel hopeful. Sad as well as my friends are not really talking to me since I have been laying low but at this point they are sick themselves but don't want to change. They are okay with how the live their lives. That's fine but my life became unmanageable, time for a change. Today was a good morning, woke up and I was not hungover!!! I knew exactly what happened and felt blessed I didn't decide to go out! just wanted to share!
Old 03-07-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Justme! You are doing the right thing with distancing yourself from friends. For me, that was and still is the hardest part with staying sober.

That's awesome that your mother is a counselor! That's a definite plus having her in your corner with your sobriety.

I've sworn off alcohol so many times and went right back into it with worse binges. They are right when they say that alcohol is progressive!

Thanks for sharing and I'll see you around here!
Old 03-07-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats just me
Old 03-07-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you justme

D