Notices

Checking in at 125 Days

Old 03-05-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in at 125 Days

Have a little over 4 months now. Have had a pretty stressful week, as something important almost got lost in the mail, and I was freaking out. But it all turned out. Got into an argument with my AA sober friend over the situation and thought I lost a friend, but we talked today and everything seems fine again. Going on a cruise with my husband tomorrow, so there is a lot of nervous excitement over that. I also finished my internship and am now studying for two exams on my career path.

So a lot has been going on, and I know my sobriety is allowing it to happen. Yes, I have been sober and things have been stressful at times, but I know they would be a lot worse if I was drinking. By staying sober, I have the ability to heal from stressful situations. Time is able to heal all wounds, AS LONG AS I STAY SOBER.

I get easily disappointed in myself when I don't act as I would like to, but I try and forgive myself because I am human, and I will make mistakes. As long as I have faith in God, everything should turn out because He has all power over everything.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I guess if we aren't getting stressed and making mistakes from time to time we ain't being challenged and not getting the chance to learn and practice our principals.
A Habit that's been coming back is insistence on perfection in all my affairs. I'm getting annoyed at things that don't work out as I planned. I've quit a few pursuits and hobbies lately because I'm not making progress quick enough or feel foolish making mistakes.
I'll check this post three times before I send it and then berate myself when I spot a spelling mistake or typo after it's posted.
I've seen this before, it was what I was like as a self centered drunk. Its the rut that gets us stuck. How to get through it though? Know thyself first?
Old 03-06-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats justbreathe
Old 03-06-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Well done justbreathe
Old 03-06-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic!!