Notices

27th day, mind fog still present

Old 03-03-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

27th day, mind fog still present

Hi everyone

Ive been sober for almost a month now, but I still have what many here call mind fog, I feel confused and have a difficult time concentrating. Not all the time, but often enough.

Is it normal???

Now long does this last???

It feels like a great sacrifice with little gain.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was very "brain sick" in the end and wondered if I had wet brain. I had brain fog for a good three months and still only feel 95% fog-free at 8 months. It only gets better.

Just think, drinking would set you back to day one. I swear to god, the PAWS this time have kept me sober more than anything else. I refuse to ever go through this again.

You'll feel a little bit better every day.

Now that I think about it, I did have some moments of clarity (no fog) in the first few months. It would kinda come and go.

It keeps getting better!
Old 03-03-2015, 09:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

27 days is great! Took me several months to get out of the haze and probably close to a year to feel somewhat normal. After 30 years of drinking I never really knew what normal was. Takes a while but life is worth it.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
I was very "brain sick" in the end and wondered if I had wet brain. I had brain fog for a good three months and still only feel 95% fog-free at 8 months. It only gets better.

Just think, drinking would set you back to day one. I swear to god, the PAWS this time have kept me sober more than anything else. I refuse to ever go through this again.

You'll feel a little bit better every day.

Now that I think about it, I did have some moments of clarity (no fog) in the first few months. It would kinda come and go.

It keeps getting better!
Thanks

I was feeling better after the first 3 weeks but I guess Im just going thru a rough couple of days and the easiest thing to do is just question if going sober is worth it.

But of course it is.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Nice job Joez! Totally worth it .
Old 03-03-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 27 days, Joez. I experienced a foggy-brain for six months before if began to gradually lift. Hang in and take heart, it will go away.

Don't give up; sobriety is worth every bit of the effort. It's truly amazing.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

I've been sober over 11 weeks and this morning had to look at my driver's license to remember who I was. Fogs come and go, maybe a bit of PAWS filtering in as well. It takes time, be patient and adapt. (I wrote my name on my hand so I don't have to look for my wallet to get my license anymore. If I wash my hands, I'm in trouble again.)
Old 03-03-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Joez

After 4 month I am starting to get it together my body suffered massively after 16 years of drinking but my mind has been taking its time to come around.

I think of it as learning to walk again. Because alcohol was a big part of life we included it into everyday living? When it is not present we are aware of this in every aspect of our day to day activities and I feel it makes us confused and slightly anxious about things so its about learning to live life again minus the presence of alcohol. I am no expert but I try to keep things as simple as possible when discussing my feelings and thoughts here so I hope it is of some use.

Like everyone says it gets better day by day so hang in there you are doing great .. I get up in the morning now with felling happy and wondering what new experience I will encounter today ?

Remember day by day...
Old 03-04-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Almost 6 months here and still having short term memory issue, things just don't seem to sink in.