Notices

Still recovering but lessons learned

Old 03-02-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still recovering but lessons learned

Ok, I quit drinking Oct 2nd, 2014. It wasn't until after I quit that the real problems began. I was drinking my usual 12 pack of beer (down from my usual 18). I went to bed on Oct 2nd and woke up in the middle of the night with weezing in my chest. This prevented me from drinking more so it basically forced me to stop. I went on for a couple of months with this mucus like bronchitis in my lungs. However, I am a researcher and was aggressive in my study. I would finally get it under control at night with some serrapeptase and niacin. I could at least stop the weezing. But then the anxiety and nervousness came on strong. What came along with it was vision issues. Car lights at night were far to bright and lights would stack vertically and give my polyoptic vision. I still have these problems even today but I'm more use to them. At first I had developed a lot of pain when I ate such that I began to sit up when I sleep. I later figured this was liver pain and decided to lose weight and I lost 30 pounds in a 2 months.

I then went to an alternative health practioner because I didn't like my doctor. He analyzed my hair and found my sodium was way to low and my calcium to magnesium ratio was off. So he gave me some supplements. They actually helped me a lot to get my energy back up. (licorice supplement - calcium/magnesium). I then realized I had glucose intolerance real bad. I had developed halos also around lights at night that I didn't recall before. I ate two dill pickles one day and almost past out on the floor. I found out this is possible reactive hypoglycemia. I then took attention of my self very closely and what I ate. I found that I could control the hypoglycemia affect better with doses of Vitamin D and magnesium. I also found I had a film sheen on the water when I had bowel movements. This was the real eye opener. Now I had enough symptoms to relate my own diagnosis to pancreatitis. I started taking digestive enzymes and reading about pancreatitis. The digestive enzymes were of the best things I was taking. I could get nutrients again from my food. But I needed to reverse the damage and everything was bringing me back to my liver and I learned I needed choline. So I got lecithin and that has really been helping. I'm on my way to recovery but if I lack some the lecithin, protein, and digestive enzymes I get a little messed up real quick. I also take benfotiamine but man that stuff seems to cause me that peripheral neuropathy. I also have muscle pain a lot if I stop taking this stuff.

Hopefully these things will recover me in time.

Anyone else take any of these supplements or have pancreatitus that can relate to these symptoms?