# 2 (permalink)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsemWIZUk4k
Old 03-02-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gonna just keep swimming.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

all you can do is move forward. take some notes as to keep it from happening again. and dont bother beating yourself up over it.

if you where climbing a mountain and you got halfway up and fell down you wouldnt just go down to the bottom and start all over. the same is true for this. you already got progress under your belt just pick up where you left off and keep on trucken.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What happened in the last 5hrs??

All was going great on your last thread!!
Old 03-02-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What zjw said!

Any sober day is a win.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

At the end of the night I caved and drank some.

Don't want to dwell.

The work thing. Just way to early in my sobriety to deal with anything that intense. For me.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I absolutely LOVE NEMO

I just have to make sure I'm swimming in the right direction
................the sober way......................................
Old 03-02-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I hope you figure out a way to break the chain of despair, anxiety and self loathing that always seems to lead back to drinking....and the repeat of the whole cycle all over again.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
I hope you figure out a way to break the chain of despair, anxiety and self loathing that always seems to lead back to drinking....and the repeat of the whole cycle all over again.
I know for me one thing I had to ask myself is if i drink what the heck will that solve? was it going to make it all better all it did was feed the cycle. I figured i got a lot of problems the least i can do is make drinking not be one of them and it did nothing to help with any of the others. It was like pour gas on the fire really served no point it made no rational sense but I just kept doing it. I new I had to just stop.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sleepie, is it possible you may need additional assistance? Like a medical detox or something? Just throwing it out there.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am alright, I just get a little length of time and then fall off the wagon. I have to figure out what on earth to do when things seem just unbearable. But don't we all...
Old 03-02-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Tell yourself drinking isn't an option and stop contemplating it. After awhile the urge goes away.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How long? I waited all day yesterday and kept thinking "urge surf, it'll pass"... it didn't. Just hours and hours. But like I said in another thread, it's not simply the desire to drink . It's to stop what goes on in my head and the worrying that is stress induced. Something bad happened yesterday and it troubled me all day, that led to worrying about other things.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Trying to Enjoy Life Now

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I am alright, I just get a little length of time and then fall off the wagon. I have to figure out what on earth to do when things seem just unbearable. But don't we all...
Exhausting yourself is a good way to deal with both insomnia and anxiety. When I was detoxing I know I felt way better doing something than sitting still listening to myself blink while I driving myself crazy.

Walk, shovel, clean, wax your car, walk the dog, do a puzzle...anything but kicking the can down the road.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Like otter said, keeping yourself busy and away from alcohol is KEY. When I know I'm at risk for drinking, I keep myself away from people, places, and things that I associate with drinking.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Sleepie, what I did more than anything else was just suffer through the cravings and urges, now 4 years 7 months sober. All the mental junk will go away, everyone is rootin for ya.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

That's true, I keep looking for good jigsaws I just looked at Target yesterday but they didn't have any. I'll buy some online today. It's hard to distract yourself once the stress gets so heavy and anxiety kicks in.

I know the way I grew up has everything to do with it. I am always waiting and alert for the next bad thing to happen. It was very chaotic. I was even told once that my mother's method of punishment and raising me was the same that nazis used to break people down.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure many of us here have had awful things done to us at the hands of family.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Tell yourself drinking isn't an option and stop contemplating it. After awhile the urge goes away.
This

Sleepie you're constantly thinking about drinking and then it causes a relapse. You need to stop allowing drinking to be an option. No matter what life throws at you...no drinking. You don't make it any easier by constantly going to day 1, week 1, etc. It get's easier after you start putting more sober time together.