Notices

I drink because

Old 02-26-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I drink because

Idrink because... My Ex husband was addicted to meth.... I drink because.. he didn't come home for the last 2 years of our marriage.. I drink because I left the man I loved to make a better life for me and my kids... I drink because.. I had to battle him in a 50/50 state over the business and assets and, custody of the kids... I drink because... He won... He got the business, the assets, and 50% custody of the kids... I drink because... My daughter was pulling her hair out... Literally, and in therapy.. i couldn't work and was depending in alimony and child support to live... I drink because he didn't pay.... I drink because when he was driving 4 hours to see our kids he "crashed" after being awake for days and hit a car head on... I drink because... my daughter only got worse from his crash, I couldn't leave the house. I was worried she would hurt herself... I drink because I was left to be the provider so got a pt. job and started school ft to get a job to support my kids... i DRInk because I have been trying 2 years to get a full time job where i moved.. I drink because after 9 months in the hospital and my ex "cleaning Up" My kids went to live with him...I drink because I did all the work while he was high.. and being stupid... justice was not served... and because he "starved" me out I was stuck with supporting the kids alone after the crash... I drink because justice was not served... I drink because..he won...the one I fought for 2 years to get my kids... I drink because...He has my kids... and everything... and I have a 9000$ attorney bill...I drink because my family disowned me when the girls left... but they were not here to help...NOW I DRINK CUZ IM ALONE......WITH NOTHING....
Old 02-26-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

really, I think alot about that movie, Leaving Los Vegas...I think alot about drinking my self to death.....I have NO ONE!!! Except a good friend that has supported me and tried to help... but is that enough? I have no friends... my family has turned against me... and they are "good christian people"...
Old 02-26-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

OK. You are are here because the drinking stuff, and a bunch of other stuff too, just isn't working out quite the right way. But the drinking is something you can do something about, I think you too see it as a critical part of your situation.

What could happen if you don't drink? What can you achieve only if you don't drink? What are the things that are important to you that can never happen if you keep drinking? Maybe looking to these possibilities will point you in a positive direction and help you make a plan.

I wish you well with this, yellowdog. You can make things better by making you better. It is the only place to start. Good Luck.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LDT

I use to drink for a million reasons, yellowdog19..... There wasn't a situation or emotion where I didn't reach for the wine....I always found a really good excuse. ..... And then I stopped, and literally everything in my life got better.

I stopped. You can, too yellow dog...... And watch the miracles happen.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family YD. I'm sorry for the circumstances that bring you here, but I know you'll find lots of support and understanding.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I drank because I am an alcoholic. I could give you a big list of reasons as well. Once I got sober I was able to cross a lot of those reasons off.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OK. You are are here because the drinking stuff, and a bunch of other stuff too, just isn't working out quite the right way. But the drinking is something you can do something about, I think you too see it as a critical part of your situation.

What could happen if you don't drink? What can you achieve only if you don't drink? What are the things that are important to you that can never happen if you keep drinking? Maybe looking to these possibilities will point you in a positive direction and help you make a plan.

I wish you well with this, yellowdog. You can make things better by making you better. It is the only place to start. Good Luck.

In reponse. I have tried to make a better me... the only thing I enjoy is cross fit and working out.... BUT IT DOES NOT REPLACE the loss of my life and the LOSE OF MY KIDS...When I moved away from him.. i had such high hopes... now... not so much... and to answer your question...I have quit drinking... but life stays the same... it just keep on going in the wrong direction.... so why not quit????
Old 02-26-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Alcohol is a depressant. I'll say a prayer for you.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

this is bad, I get it... but when stuff keeps going in the wrong direction.l.... I have one friend... and he is like Is it helping? and I say no... but... for those short hours I forget...
Old 02-26-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Unfortunately yellowdog19 the drinking is only making things worse for you. Stop drinking first then tackle these problems one at a time. Advice you probably know already. Welcome to sr.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

have you lost your kids to a drug addict? have you lost your entire family... because you lost your kids....without my kids... I have nothing
Old 02-26-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Yellow. Wouldn't it be great to get sober and having a meaningful and productive life despite all that you suffered?

Look there is nothing magical in those bottles and drinking yourself to death is a terribly painful way to die. Get sober. Your life awaits you.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

yes it is... but I have been on anti depressants and those seemed worse....
Old 02-26-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Part of you must want to quit since you posted here on SR.
If you are drinking right now, bookmark this thread in case you blackout so you will know where we are at. We can help you but you have to want to help yourself.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I dont know where to go first.....It doesnt matter if I quit drinking... I'm still alone...
Old 02-26-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

yes, thank you
Old 02-26-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

your right... i dream of a great life without alcohol....
Old 02-26-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

your right... i dream of a great life without alcohol....
Old 02-26-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I drank for a million reasons yellowdog...I stopped drink because I hated what drinking made me and I didn't want to die.

It was the best decision I ever made.

D
Old 02-26-2015, 10:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I used to come up with excuses to justify my drinking but none of them was the reason I drunk. I made the choice to buy wine (in my case) and throw it down my neck.

Whatever life threw at me, I had the choice what path to follow. For a long time I took the wrong path (or stood back and let life push me down the wrong path).

It was only when I realised that I had to stop making excuses and I could choose what path I took that I finally realised how much I can control. And you too can take back control of your life. These awful things that have happened to you have already hurt you, but your drinking is something you can take control of. It is in your hands, nobody else's. Xx