Notices

Fear of unknown

Old 02-24-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fear of unknown

When first becoming sober the fear of the unknown challenged the hoping what was to be known,the fear of the unknown (sobriety) has dwindled and the now known is normallity
Old 02-24-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talk about how fantastic normality can be!!!!!!! I can't begin to say how much joy, contentment and satisfaction the single act of sobriety has brought to my life.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My curiosity about the unknown really played to my benefit in early sobriety. I'm a big novelty seeker in general. This trait was dulled quite a bit when I was drinking heavily since alcohol became my habit and competed out many of my natural interests. Luckily this came back very soon after getting sober, but I do recognize a slight difference between now and how I was before alcohol became a problem: definitely more careful now. This may be the result of aging as well in part but I'm sure that the whole addiction "adventure" played a role in making me more cautious. I used to be pretty fearless and a risk taker, more balanced now. I really like this aspect of my recovery.