Notices

bad day so right now

Old 02-21-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

bad day so right now

I have no sober friends. I have no family around. My son's mother left me for a "trial separation." Kind of want to slam my head with something hard and slice up my skin. I won't but that's how I feel. My only other options ate to watch tv or fart around on the web.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry that you are feeling so very low. Be kind and gentle to yourself, Serotonin.

You said 'trial separation'; make this time count - get strong and healthy.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think Soberleigh is right.

Sorry you are feeling so torn up.

I know it's tough but hurting yourself won't change anything.

Sucks but it's true.

Probably best to distract yourself on the web and watch tv.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry you are feeling lonely right now. Maybe spend some time thinking about and exploring possibilities for making new friends around you.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Most of all just worry about keeping yourself together. Get to a meeting if you do AA. If not, get out for a while, even if its just walking around in a mall, coffee shop, going out and seeing a movie. I go out all the time by myself and see movies and actually have learned to enjoy my own company!

And if it doesn't work out with your son's mother, there's always plenty of other women out there who are lonely too. My program tells me to never put too much dependence on a person or people.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just sent a friend request

Sorry your feeling low i think if you interact on other threads it will help take your mind off things

you can send a pm if you want to talk
Old 02-21-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I decided to nurture myself with one of my old interests. I ended up baking chicken and steamed cauliflower some veggies, made a nice dish with leftovers for tomorrow. Instead of hurting myself or drinking I decided that I will nourish myself. I want to get in the habit of eating healthy and exercising again. Once I get my car running again I'm going to join a gym while I look for work. Forcing myself to be strong right now. Thanks everyone. I'm choosing life, but it is hard being alone. Only having my son 2-3 days a week.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

wishing you the best Sero

D
Old 02-21-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Way to go Serotonin. Nice work turning that attitude around!
Old 02-21-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Chicken & Cauliflower sounds lovely good to hear Serotonin
Old 02-21-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 02-21-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

She's coming to pick up my son and I am hurting again. Won't see him till Tuesday.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

You have us here 24/7 bud
Old 02-21-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Make those 2-3 days the greatest! Pack them full of memories! Maybe you could do things on the other days In preparation for the time with your son. For example, if he is into trains, maybe you could start working on some models, so that when he comes, you can work on things together. Just an idea! Stay strong and definitely get those workouts in!
Old 02-21-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better tomorrow and after.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm still hanging in there. It's been 10 days I think since she left now. Doesn't feel like a trial separation. She's out looking for apartments and whatnot. In the mean time she expects to just leave all here stuff here until she gets settled in. I'm not ok with that. If she wants space and time to work on herself she needs to get her stuff out of here so that I can make this my place again and not be constantly reminded of her. This was my apartment first. She isn't putting any thought into couples counseling or anything. Not even speaking to me really. It's not like we had a big blowout. She just wants time to get herself in a better state mentally, being bipolar and having mild Aspergers. But I don't think it's right that she gets everything on her terms. She wants to move out, than she needs to move out, not just be separated until it's convenient for her. That has always been my issue with her. She never makes me a priority. She wants everything on her terms.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm starting to feel like she isn't good for me.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Take time for yourself and take care of yourself. Things will become clearer with time.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
I'm still hanging in there. It's been 10 days I think since she left now. Doesn't feel like a trial separation. She's out looking for apartments and whatnot. In the mean time she expects to just leave all here stuff here until she gets settled in. I'm not ok with that. If she wants space and time to work on herself she needs to get her stuff out of here so that I can make this my place again and not be constantly reminded of her. This was my apartment first. She isn't putting any thought into couples counseling or anything. Not even speaking to me really. It's not like we had a big blowout. She just wants time to get herself in a better state mentally, being bipolar and having mild Aspergers. But I don't think it's right that she gets everything on her terms. She wants to move out, than she needs to move out, not just be separated until it's convenient for her. That has always been my issue with her. She never makes me a priority. She wants everything on her terms.

Hey Serotonin, just wanted to wish you well. If it helps, why don't you move her things into one place in your apt and out of eyeshot so you won't constantly reminded. This will also make it easier to fix a timetable so she can take her stuff in due course. Kind regards and Best wishes
Old 02-22-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LondonWanderer View Post
Hey Serotonin, just wanted to wish you well. If it helps, why don't you move her things into one place in your apt and out of eyeshot so you won't constantly reminded. This will also make it easier to fix a timetable so she can take her stuff in due course. Kind regards and Best wishes
That's what I did actually. Thanks.