Notices

Day 13, feeling like ****

Old 02-21-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 13, feeling like ****

Hey everyone,

I'm on day 13 right now, and while I know that this is the right direction, I feel really depressed and lost all the time these last couple of days. I really think I have some depression which quite likely have gotten much worse through drinking, but which are there never the less. And then those dark thoughts are kicking in again, like tossing all of this away, what's the use of it anyway, I'm screwed anyway drunk or sober and stuff, I'm sure you know what I mean.

It just feels so unbearable sometimes, but I'm hanging in here. Gonna play some games now, not the greatest thing to do but good distraction.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Well done on 13 days.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

When a problem drinker stops drinking, things get better. When an alcoholic stops drinking, things often seem to get worse.

I managed a stint of sobriety of about 12 weeks once, the first six in the nut farm, and six on my own. No other help. at the end of six weeks I was a bed ridden basket case living in squalor, unable to function in the world. The medics said "depression" but the odd thing was that a few drinks, (alcohol is a depressant and should have made things worse) fixed me, at least to a point.

The problem I had have heard described as an "internal spritual malady" which is another way of saying I couldn't handle life. When I found the solution to that, the drinking stopped, and my life improved out of sight.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing really well congrats on day 13 DarkDespair sorry you feel like this right now know that it will pass

Try this http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html