Notices

7 days sober. You have to want it

Old 02-19-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Thank you. But it is when I run into trouble when they say "OK, not god. But a creator!"

They can't understand that no, no creator. Nothing. Nothing at all. The universe is too weird for a creator.
I agree with you. Which is why I need to forge my own path to augment AA meetings. Philosophical wisdom is becoming very attractive, in how it applies to human existence. If you ever need to chat, PM me, because I'm in the same camp as you when it comes to this god business.

Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
I got home and my power was shut off because I renewed my lease and somethign got mixed up with the service. Argh.
You see, that was a power greater than yourself ! Sorry, Just kidding.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
careful with that show at the bar thing. I had to pick up food in a bar in early sobriety and i was twitchen. Now recently i had to pick up food at the exact same bar first time since that last time. I did ok but I really didnt care for it much and was eager to get out of there. I new this time i wasnt gonna drink but I didnt like it. The first time however was kller I came close to pulling up a chair and ordering a draft while i waited and even in my drinking days i never did that cause I new i'd have to drive and such. But that particular night I didnt care I was close to doing it.
Yeah. I'm thinking of asking a friend to come with that is OK with not drinking.

But it's SWANS, man. It will be good. I think it'll be a fun experiment to see how it is sober. But it's over a month away. Let's see how I am by then...