Old 03-09-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Nigey
Old 03-09-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nigey1 View Post
Well the irony.

A drunk person punched me at work and I had to go to the doctor to get checked out. The doc sensed there was something else and after a chat they prescribed SSRI's for me. They were hell to start with but almost immediately effective and after nearly two weeks I wish I had done it two years ago.

Early days but I am feeling back on track. Shouldn't have tried to tough it out so long.

The main thing is even in the depth of despair I could play through the tape and see where a drink would land me and I am pretty proud of that.

Thx for the help aiming at 3 years in June
Hi Nigey, I was prescribed an SSRI about 11 years ago now, changed my life. The first 6-8 days were awful as it is changing some brain chemistry. But once I adjusted, it saved my marriage. I did not have classical depression, I had anger issues, short fuse, just generally an a$$. It evened me out and I don't think I've lost my temper since then. I've thought about stopping taking it, wife won't let me. haha.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good to hear Thomas. Evened out is a great description. Particularly since I don't drink, eat well, exercise and really try hard at keeping on track, I feel this might be the large piece of the jigsaw I was looking for. Had a terrible first few days but I think the brain was rebooting. Thanks for the advice guys.