Notices

10 months sober but baffled

Old 02-16-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by autumn4 View Post
The label alcoholic causes me so much shame and pain as I saw what it did to both my parents and never ever wanted to end up like them.
Although I didn't have the same problem with the parents, I was rather shameful of the name,too, for a while.
But then my thoughts on it changed. I was working to clear away te wreckage of my past and get away from who I was. I am no longer who I was.
When I was drinking I was an alcoholic.
To today I am a RECOVERING alcoholic.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

As others have said, the label doesn't matter, you could easily just say "alcohol doesn't agree with me" or be "someone striving to become a better person" if you want to look at it from another angle, however.

The thing that stood out most was where you said one and a half bottles is a relatively small amount. That amount would get most people well tanked or blackout drunk and sick, including myself. It's just a far way away from being a healthy amount to drink on regular occasion.

You've done 10 months of great work, and I'm by no means an expert but I would say it's not at all worth it to try and test yourself by drinking again.