Now the drink has to go

Old 02-10-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
Hope you're hanging in ok today lost
I just love your sig, Jupiters, cracks me up every time
Old 02-10-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well its all the same when it comes down to it. Alcohol is a drug. The drink can go, but what really has to go is the old behaviours, the old thoughts. A new set of behaviours and thoughts must re-enter your brain. How you do that is up to you. Church is quite common. You know alcoholism is as old as the bible. I forget who the guy was, but he talks about alcoholism in the bible. He says something along the lines of those who have starred long into bottle, those who wobble and weave while walking. So this problem isnt new, it goes back a few thousand years. And speaking of depression, alcohol is a depressant, so it makes sense that you would be depressed after drinking a depressant!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Spot on Markz, thank you.

Religion is a funny one for me, I was raised a non practicing catholic and orthodox and for many years I was religious in my own way which faded over time. I've been thinking about it more lately and it's hard for me to get over certain contradictions. It might help for me to speak to a relatively liberal clergyman but I wouldn't know where to start!
Old 02-15-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I didn't touch any alcohol for a week, then Valentines day came and I had a few with my girl - all fine, was just a few, didn't get drunk and no traces of a hangover... What a bloody idiot.

So that turned into excuse after excuse after excuse to drink more and more and more yesterday. My friend messaged and invited me to lunch "oh he's going away for a few days, I had a few last night, a few today won't hurt".

Then some hours laters... "Dinner with my girl's family, they offered, it would be rude to refuse". Pfft, BS.

After I went home... "I'll just get a couple"... 8 beers later I'm waking up at 9am running back and forth from the bathroom until there was nothing left in my stomach.

What a dick.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Time to tweak your plan Lostinhk!! Welcome back!!