Notices

one of those days!

Old 02-08-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zjw

one of those days!

one of those days nothing seems to want to go right. I decided to do some exercising I used my new rowing machine that I just got 1 week ago and have not even used for 90 minutes yet and BAM it breaks. I think well maybe something came off track I get it opened up some and I see some cord is shredded. I'll have to call them sure there is a warrantee but with this particular company they hate having to honor there products and the last 2 products I've owned and had to call on its been hours and hours on the phone till you get your product fixed. (yes shame on me but sadly they make most of the exercise equipment out there so I'm left with few choices it seems) So anyhow I felt rather defeated I went for a run even tho believe me I did not want to after this misfortune. I still felt defeated after the run. I told my wife perhaps I should just go get a case of beer and damn pizza why the heck to I bother. Every single time I try to do anything good its met with nothing but headache whats the point? I cant win.

So I sat down at my computer to eat my lunch. and I check my email. someone I donated too on gofundme sent me a thank you note... THis made my day. I thought well maybe this is why I bother to do anything right? It really lifted my spirits. When I think about that rower I'm still really bitter. I'd rather throw it out the window then call and have it repaired. But the fact that this person thanked me made me feel good. Maybe my day will turn around and maybe there is a reason to do the right thing?
Old 02-08-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

oh and in the name of keeping my post short I neglected the mention the long list of stuff that went wrong prior to the whole rower failure.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

aww. Sorry you're struggling today.

I used to let stuff bother me a lot more, but then everything started to bother me and that was way worse.

Maybe it's time to buy an actual rowboat! Sounds like a lot more fun, anyway.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

Maybe it's time to buy an actual rowboat! Sounds like a lot more fun, anyway.
you know your right. and I know your right. I just clearly had a momentary lapse of sanity and thought the idea of sitting within the comfort of my own home doing this might be a better choice. I got to thinking afterwards the very same thing. if I was in an actual row boat I could take n the scenery and hear the water etc.. Of course my luck the oar would break.. lol. But no seriously the one exercise that seems to have not yet failed me is a simple walk through the neighborhood. all this other stuff I do it seems like there is always some kind of issue.

your right tho perhaps I should just keep things simple. I sorta set myself up for this one!
Old 02-08-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've been looking at kayaks. I'd really like to have one of the ones that has the foot-pedals. They can just fly through the water. I live close to a large body of water, and I'd love to explore the coast - plus there is a river 50 feet from my back door that is perfect for canoeing or kayaking.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

the only kicker with outdoor products for me is its cold in the winter where I live. I sorta figured this would gimme something to do in the cold winter etc.. I really kinda was thinking about a bike but I thought I wont run that over ice any sooner then I'd run over ice so I settled on this it has a bike option too which I think that still works maybe i'll just use that part till it gets repaired.

I even thought maybe I'm better off with a gym member ship but then I have to pay for gas to get there and back all the time etc.. it'll add up with how much I'll go.

maybe I'm just expecting too much and seeking perfection again *sigh*
Old 02-08-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love jogging! It is the only exercise that won't fail me! Unless of course I am feeling ill... Then I get upset. lol
Old 02-08-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by HMA View Post
I love jogging! It is the only exercise that won't fail me! Unless of course I am feeling ill... Then I get upset. lol
absolutely me too. I was running 60 miles a week but then had to dial it back because of some foot pain. Then I had lots of work done on my treadmill. this helped with the foot issues etc.. This rower was to help me kinda cross train so that maybe I wouldn't stress my foot out so much and could recover with rowing etc.. but ALAS screwed again. I'm still running 45 miles week or so anyhow. but its been a rather discouraging few months from an exercise stand point. I just got over being sick myself as well.

I guess lifes just kicking me in the teeth as usual. it could be way worse.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah, it could be way worse! you know?

Seems to me that life is always out to challenge new found tools. Don't give up. It's just this small part of a much bigger picture...

and wow! 45 miles has me beat by a lot! I am jealous...
Old 02-08-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by HMA View Post
Yeah, it could be way worse! you know?

Seems to me that life is always out to challenge new found tools. Don't give up. It's just this small part of a much bigger picture...

and wow! 45 miles has me beat by a lot! I am jealous...
I used to envy this one lady that could run hills I couldn't. Now she despises me. Its sad I can see how she treats me and looks at me when I'm out running its like "screw him" I should stop her and tell her how much she inspired me one day maybe then she'd get over herself but I've just let things be.

I've worked hard to get where I'm at. People bug me to compete or tell me I make it look easy etc.. I could ramble on at how much of a struggle its been too or can tell you how wonderful its been also. Just all depends how I want to look at it. I don't think it was ever easy really.

all this gripen is telling me I should just go for another run today to clear my head some more. that always works. maybe I just need to stick with running. I was really hopeing to ease off a little tho for the sake of my foot.

and no I wont just take a week or two off lol! I'm way too obsessive for that haha.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Time to buy free weights. Not much will break on a barbell and plates
Old 02-08-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Time to buy free weights. Not much will break on a barbell and plates
lol I have them but never use them. I just cant get into it. strange too because back in high school I loved it!. But in highschool I had a spotter and someone to do it with maybe that's whats missing.

its true tho those do last forever haha. I was thinking maybe I should just go in the yard and dig holes and huck rocks around least that's free and what could go wrong?
Old 02-08-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Until the rowing machine is fixed, why not get some exercise videos from the library. It could almost be like you're in a class! Some may be outdated, but they're free and come in a wide variety!
Old 02-08-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by INgal View Post
Until the rowing machine is fixed, why not get some exercise videos from the library. It could almost be like you're in a class! Some may be outdated, but they're free and come in a wide variety!
I'll just keep with the running. early on into my weight loss journey I had an elliptical. another fine machine made by the same company that made this rower.... it broke in the first 30 days. since it had spent the first 2 years of its time with me as a towel rack it had no warrantee and I was SOL when it broke. I came very close to throwing in the towel and saying screw it. I was only sober 6 months and well rather beligerant about this whole let down. But I got over myself and went for a walk the following day. for the next 6 months or so I walked daily and lost over 100lbs then started running etc..

so I know this rower breaking isn't the end of the world. I'm glad that lady thanked me on go fund me that brightened my day. and I'm glad I have this board to at least come and vent a little. All these things help me get over it and just move forward.

its stupid theres way worse problems to have. However that rower might still end up rotting in the front yard hahaha.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hang in there bud
Old 02-08-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

youtube is fun for a variety of work outs too
Old 02-08-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

What I took from your post.....
Always hang in there, even when things are going horribly, because you never know what's coming around the next corner.