Notices

Have you ever?

Old 02-03-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Have you ever?

Have you ever when drunk your mind has played out experience's and you have responded to them.. I am still drinking but and have a problem plus I'm really worried that I have talks in my head drunk that I really think are real has anyone else in here?
Old 02-03-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had some pretty realistic psychoses when I was drinking. Little food and sleep and great amounts of alcohol will do that to anyone.

Things returned to normal when I stopped drinking, Nate. Is there a day one in sight?

I hope things will return to normal for you too but don't hesitate to see your Dr if you feel concerned.

D
Old 02-03-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Drinking can do that. I saw a documentary where a young guy was worried he had schizophrenia. He was evaluated by a team of doctors and it was determined to be alcohol induced. I got in some pretty good angry fights with myself tho.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have thought about quitting and have done for a month and 2 weeks it is too hard for me Booze is everything I think about and what I was saying Booze is making me live a life I'm not I am a big wrestling fan and earlier tonight I thought I was a wrestler and had convo's in that world.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I was drinking, I mostly lived in a weird and dark fantasy world, often very delusional. I also had experiences several times when very drunk that were psychotic-like, and scared other people with what was going on in my head... Put down the drink and re-evaluate this sober, I am sure it will make a difference!
Old 02-03-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

it is too hard for me Booze is everything I think about
I think seeing your Dr would be a great idea.

Maybe you need rehab or something?

It's not going to get any better or easier if you keep drinking Nate.

D
Old 02-03-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can go days without booze if I can't afford it and the only side effect I get is anxiety so I'm not even sure what I am right now
Old 02-03-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It only gets worse Nate!! seriously I could see my mental health go from bad to worse and alcohol was causing it!!

You can turn this around, but you gotta be prepared to put down the bottle!! It's the only way!!
Old 02-03-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My mother has a mental illness that is another thing.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Nate!!

For me I knew alcohol was the sole cause of my problems, and therefore needed to address my drinking, in hindsight I wouldn't go back!!

You can too Nate!!
Old 02-03-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My mental health was deteriorating for the last year. I thought, literally, that I might be bipolar or schizophrenic due to very bizarre thoughts, mood-swings, depression, almost manic episodes too. Cry easily and often.....I thought "well, that's it. I've been covering mental illness with alcohol. Great!"

Seven months of sobriety and all the peaks, valleys, crying, mania, gone, poof. Imagine that.

I was very, very "brain sick" in the end.

BTW: the manic, bizarre behavior would happen while drinking and while hungover. I was withdrawing daily at work. My blood pressure was over 180 and my central nervous system was screwed up. Yeah, not any way to live.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I had some pretty realistic psychoses when I was drinking. Little food and sleep and great amounts of alcohol will do that to anyone.

Things returned to normal when I stopped drinking, Nate. Is there a day one in sight?

I hope things will return to normal for you too but don't hesitate to see your Dr if you feel concerned.

D
This
Old 02-03-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

No matter what's going on in your head Nate, stopping the alcohol intake is going to help you feel better. If you can't stop on your own, maybe it's time to ask for some help? Many people use AA, but there are lots of other methods out there. Not many health problems, especially scary ones, are solved while drunk or drinking. It might be a good idea to get some rest and evaluate your situation with a quick call or visit to a doctor tomorrow.