SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Dairy of a Sad Cow Part 2: WHO YOU CALLIN' SAD....? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/358169-dairy-sad-cow-part-2-who-you-callin-sad.html)

trachemys 01-31-2015 07:50 PM

Dairy of a Sad Cow Part 2: WHO YOU CALLIN' SAD....?

But this thread really help me I think. Help me to understand how to better work with my anhedonia. In that I has to let go of thoughts of good feelings or any feelings and that I NOT GONNA GET FRUITION I want. I just has to take hold and command my power, and I does has power, just by proof that I still alive through it all. But I have to assert and command that power down path of sobriety no matter what pain or futility or numbness I experiencing. I has to commit with hope that sober path eventual will take on life of it own and eclipse that which I can not feel or understand now.
YOU GONNA GET FRUITION as long as you keep that fight in you! I do so love this paragraph from you.

I'm getting old. When I spend a day on my feet, they're numb and painful at the end of the day. My boss asked if I was doing ok at my new job. Painful? Too much? I'm older than him, so he worries. Uh, no. If I spend all day on the trail with a backpack on, I hurt like hell. What's the difference in that and working 12 hours? I get paid for this!

But, it all still hurts. Labor or recreation, it's all painfull. And I still get up and move, not only when necessary but, also when not. Even if the only reward is that the pain ends when I stop, it's a reward. I"m still moving. Forward.

Keep on moving forward, Cow.

strategery 01-31-2015 08:10 PM

I think I figured out the issue with your equation cow...you haven't eaten enough okra! :)

sober cow=e^(b0+b1(time on sober recovery)+b2(time with therapist)-b3(coffee)+b4(sponsor)+b5(honesty)+b6(number of okra eaten))

trachemys 01-31-2015 08:49 PM

MMmmm, okra.

Lenina 01-31-2015 09:05 PM

More okra is good. Olive oil, tossed in Parmasan and fried. Baked is good too.

Cow, I think you've made more progress than you realize. For me, it seemed slow but it was on the deeper levels, I think. The whole shift philosophically. From that, came the greater, long term changes. I think maybe inpatient might be good for you now? You may be able to take on the lessons and have support to not drink for a good stretch. Give your moods a chance to stabilize, maybe? maybe help you with self care bits? Now don't panic! no one is gonna make you groom until you're ready.

I'm glad you're here with us.

Love from Lenina

trachemys 02-01-2015 06:25 AM

I say we hire ninjas to go bathe her. In her sleep. Silently.

alphaomega 02-01-2015 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 5174632)
I say we hire ninjas to go bathe her. In her sleep. Silently.

This is hilarious. :)

Btw - had okra yesterday at an Indian restaurant in Little India in Chicago. It was so damn scrump, if it wasn't for this blizzard, I would be back at it today. They served it with naan and it was in this gravy of tomatoes, cardamom, chili peppers, onions, and a thousand other Indian spices.

You guys are really on to somethin. Wow .

trachemys 02-01-2015 08:08 AM

Okra is food of the gods.

Now, back to bathing Cow.

SoberLeigh 02-01-2015 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by alphaomega (Post 5174813)
This is hilarious. :)

Btw - had okra yesterday at an Indian restaurant in Little India in Chicago. It was so damn scrump, if it wasn't for this blizzard, I would be back at it today. They served it with naan and it was in this gravy of tomatoes, cardamom, chili peppers, onions, and a thousand other Indian spices.

You guys are really on to somethin. Wow .

That sounds so, so, so good!!!!

Lenina 02-01-2015 08:35 AM

I'm heading to work this afternoon or I'd make some okra. It would make a great Superbowl snack. Somehow, I doubt the airlines are are goona br serving it. Delta might. but I'm not on Delta today.

I like yhe idea of ninja bathers. Then give our dear Cow a good rub down with some body butter from the Body Shop. Sneak in a pedicure, maybe. Cow would wake up all clean and with pretty hooves. What's the opinion on polish color? I'm not so keen on the day-glows. Too shocking Maybe some glittery ones?

feel better Cow. You are making progress. let us know so we can purr. Has anyone read Margeret Atwook's trilogy, "crake and oryx"? The first book was very hard to get into the first 100 pages but it's a brain blower upper from there. The second freaked me out . Worth reading.

OK, I must begin grooming, it's a long process and I do hope to make my nail appointment before departure.

love from Lenina

SoberLeigh 02-01-2015 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lenina (Post 5174857)

I like yhe idea of ninja bathers. Then give our dear Cow a good rub down with some body butter from the Body Shop. Sneak in a pedicure, maybe. Cow would wake up all clean and with pretty hooves. What's the opinion on polish color? I'm not so keen on the day-glows. Too shocking Maybe some glittery ones?

love from Lenina

Maybe a funky shade of green - teal, maybe; teal with glitter?

Safe travels, Lenina.

trachemys 02-01-2015 08:42 AM

...a good rub down with some body butter...
Hell, I'll sign up for that! :D

Cow? COW? Do ever get the idea we're interested in your recovery?

Love you. Get well, soon.

strategery 02-01-2015 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 5174816)
Okra is food of the gods.

Now, back to bathing Cow.

Cow definitely needs glitter....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eCmc5_PDgR...ing--46973.jpg

trachemys 02-03-2015 03:03 PM

PuzzlersParadise - A Pampered Cow? ~ a RiddleMeThis! puzzle

SoberLeigh 02-03-2015 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by strategery (Post 5175436)

A-dorable.

trachemys 02-04-2015 06:09 PM

See the cows adrift so far below
Ever changing as they come and go;
Makes me wonder why I'm up so high
When really I am down so low
Of all the wonders I was one allowed
I think that I would always choose a cow

trachemys 02-11-2015 11:20 AM

Still, no Cow.

Lenina 02-11-2015 12:14 PM

maybe okra green glitter polish? It could look very punk.

I miss Cow too. I was hoping we might hear from her soon. February is sad month for me and some other folks too. It's cold.

Love from Lenina

Lenina 02-11-2015 12:19 PM

As a side note, Mercury returns to station tomorrow and the retrograde is over. things should get back to normal soon as the shadow ebbs. So maybe Cow will ride the Aquarian Tide and come on back.

Love from Lenina