Notices

Day 4...venting.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4...venting.

I woke up to a call at 3am. I've been seeing a local police officer and he calls to tell me he had to arrest my sister's friend for dui. I have not even seen this person in two years. She is loud and obnoxious just like my sister. Which is exactly why I do not go around them
. Well, I guess she raised a ruckus yelling to anyone who'd listen that she was calling me and telling on him! She said I was her aunt and yelled he is dating my aunt and should not arrest her. I'm so embarrassed for him! He keeps his personal life very private from work because he is in a position of authority and this is his career. I have only mentioned him to one person who lives states away!!! Word really does travel fast!

I'm so mad at her for doing this! This is just another reason why I'm happy to be on a sober path!!! I just know she will be calling me just as she said she would and it won't be her fault... What a way to start day 4!

I'm just glad he is still on board with me and asked me about going on a weekend trip with his friends. It just makes me mad that she could have caused my relationship stress. And, it's not over yet!

I'm no saint, but when I got my own duI over a year ago, it was because I walked to the police station from my disabled vehicle. I took my lumps and involved no one else.

Thank you for listening! I really needed to vent!

What a way to start the day!!! Argh!!! Bring it on day #4!
Old 01-29-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sucks. Good job on getting to day 4. Keep it up. You can do it. Don't let other people's drama drag you down.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ryno032709

Rest assured. The only person who should be really embarrassed in this situation is your sisters friend.

Certainly, it may be a uncomfortable situation for you but If it will make you feel any better I am willing to bet your boy friend the police officer is not embarrassed by her saying he's dating her aunt because if anything his fellow officers will give him a pat on the back for (if it were really true) knowing shes related to you and still making the arrest anyways.

The only way this would be uncomfortable for him is if he didn't make the arrest and she later told someone he let her go - thankfully thats not the case.

As someone who works in law enforcement my self I know that people will say or try to do anything to get out of the situation they got themselves into. As a alcoholic myself, i also know that officers do try to keep their lives private but as long as they are doing their job and living a honest life there is little to worry about with his fellow officers. Best of luck to you and your continued sobriety.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you. And I really appreciate your input. I think she had him convinced I could be upset with him. I feel the exact opposite! He is an honest man and I admire his dedication to his position and to me. I would never want him to be any different. He's a great man. He always does the right thing. That's character! Hers sure came shining through! It just upset me that she outted our relationship at his workplace. Thank you for your input and your service, Ryno!

And, thanks, Dave! I'm going to try to not let it affect my day. I'm now just pondering how to address her when she calls.