Notices

Sober 2-1/2 years but struggling lately

Old 01-31-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You have 2 1/2 years. That's better than my 6 months. But I can't say I've been at all tempted to have a bender. Alcohol caused enough pain and sickness. Don't think a 2 day bender is simply a harmless little vacation from sobriety.

Take a bit if time for yourself if that's what you need but leave alcohol out of it. Relax, watch TV, sleep, read, paint....whatever....anything else but drink.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am doing well. I took the time to read most of these posts a couple times. I called my sponsor and we had breakfast Saturday morning. When I take the time to look at the issues that had me thinking about drinking I realized that they were all MY issues. Instead of being thankful for what I have in my life I started looking at just the negatives. I know it happens and I try not to beat myself up about it but I took some time to look at where I am in my life and I am so very thankful. Sometimes I forget!!

Those thoughts of drinking were just me saying "I will show them". Someone on here said I needed a little kick in the arse! Very true.

Thanks again...