Notices

started fat stripping

Old 01-18-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

started fat stripping

so i started my pre comp diet today and I'm on day 3 sober I've got a bit off excess to lose this time round, can anyone give advice on what other measures i can take to stay sober besides aa counselling and sr? my av gets loud after day 7 i don't wanna do this anymore
Old 01-18-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Got no clue what-so-ever what "aa counselling" is

Perhaps instead of group therapy aa style, work the steps!
Never heard anyone work the steps and drink.
Heard lots and lots and lots of people go to meetings and drink.

So aa is not for you. I can tell. You havent been to many meetings I see.

Well fat stripping will keep you sober, maybe. Drink lots of water.
Eat healthy, have those blended fruit drinks. Keep active, stay fit, work out, join a fitness club, or social club.

Other then that you can try professional counselling, very expensive. We tend to lie to them anyway. Go to the univercity, they might have something there. Go to your doctor, get on that pill that when you drink, makes you sick. That might help, maybe.

Stay busy is what those univercity students getting their hours in for work expirience usually tell their "clients"
Old 01-18-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey! I think there is something called "SMART" Recovery or something? There's a website.

Meditation worked for me for a stretch of time, I was attending a Zen Buddhist temple and the teachings were very down to earth and worked well for me.

Hope you find a thing that works.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Got no clue what-so-ever what "aa counselling" is
read it like aa, counselling...

what about joining a monthly Class thread, or the 24 hour recovery connections thread Savarna?
Old 01-19-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not sure what a "pre comp" diet is. But if you are an alcoholic,and trying to quit drinking,I don't think I would be going on a diet at first.
A lot of times when we quit,our appetites swing just like our moods do.
When i quit,I craved sugar to replace the alcohol i was drinking. I was eating a lot of chocolate cake ,and actually not gaining any weight to speak of because of the missing alcohol calories.
I would concentrate on breaking the addiction,and then when the dust settles work on losing weight. In a lot of cases,just eliminating booze,and eating fairly normal again will do wonders for your waistline,not to mention your health in general.
Just my opinion........ Fred
Old 01-19-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"can anyone give advice on what other measures i can take to stay sober"

Beside what yer doin, don't drink even if your arse falls off.
Dont listen to the voice. It's a liar.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Are you planning on competing in something (your reference to "pre comp diet) like bodybuilding or fitness? If you're competing, that in itself should keep your mind on track. You don't want to come in last place or look/be overweight in a bodybuilding or fitness show.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hey savarna,

Assuming this is a physique comepetiton, let your drive to win motivate you if nothing else.

Keep your eye on the prize and tell that AV to drop dead!
Old 01-19-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks everyone.... yes its a physique bikini comp been doing it for years,,, ill get into it then shall i .... day 4 tom so just finished writing out my daily diet plan for tom and fitness regime for my gym workouts ... thanks everyone for the motivation. ill be sure to tell that AV where to go...
Old 01-19-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nevertheless View Post
Not sure what a "pre comp" diet is. But if you are an alcoholic,and trying to quit drinking,I don't think I would be going on a diet at first.
A lot of times when we quit,our appetites swing just like our moods do.
When i quit,I craved sugar to replace the alcohol i was drinking. I was eating a lot of chocolate cake ,and actually not gaining any weight to speak of because of the missing alcohol calories.
I would concentrate on breaking the addiction,and then when the dust settles work on losing weight. In a lot of cases,just eliminating booze,and eating fairly normal again will do wonders for your waistline,not to mention your health in general.
Just my opinion........ Fred
thanks for the advice sweet.....
Acually its loads of food. more than i normally eat so its a struggle.
its just different food.
i don't mind my pre comp diet I'm used to it. xx
Old 01-19-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Savarna that's awesome

I am a huge bodybuilding fan so I am routing for you!

I assume it's weeks away if you are just starting your contest prep but good luck in advance!

More power to you savarna!
Old 01-19-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Savarna.

Congrats on competing in fitness, it's really cool You are saying that you tend to give in to drinking after ~7 sober days. So have you identified anything that happens around that time? That could be the first thing to tackle. I would also suggest that you find some sort of daily regime for dealing with the urges and getting support. Posting on the class thread on a daily basis here on SR worked really well for me in my first month. Or continue with this thread and update as often as you can. Go to meetings frequently and don't stop after a week. It sounds like prepping for this competition might be a good time to also work on sobriety longer, since both of these require discipline and structure.
Good luck!
Old 01-19-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~sb

Rational Recovery
AVRT
SMART
Life Ring
SOS
Women for Sobriety

all have their own websites!
Old 01-19-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I would personally wait to start your diet. It's still early days. Your body will crave rubbish sugar that's missing from the Alcohol you were drinking. For now just eat healthy and if you need to, top it up with some chocolate to kill the cravings. I wait until 3 months before my cravings really went down before starting my diet. Take it in phases. The first phase being the stopping of alcohol, that alone is a massive achievement, then start the second stage of your clean up a little later. I think once you know alcohol is completely out of the picture dieting actually becomes easier.

With me, the only time I knew my diet was going to fail was when I decided to pick up that can of beer. But now I have put that demon to bed and actually lost 14 pounds in 6 weeks as I am fully committed knowing the one thing that always led to failure has been eliminated.

Good Luck
Old 01-19-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 3
Old 01-19-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

thank you everyone i will take on board all your advice. i will certainly be picking up ice-cream before a drink. because its my time to get sober again. thanks everyone
Old 01-19-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by savarna View Post
thank you everyone i will take on board all your advice. i will certainly be picking up ice-cream before a drink. because its my time to get sober again. thanks everyone
Good plan! Physique contest dieting is brutal - I personally know this. Sobriety first. There will many more contest in the future to compete in.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

What will your diet be like if you don't mind me asking?
I'm just interested!
Old 01-19-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
What will your diet be like if you don't mind me asking?
I'm just interested!
hi sasha its lots of veg /salad chicken,natural yogurt, little fruit,little grainy bread,sweet potato, basically 6 small meals a day. in the old days carbohydrates were eliminated but not these days. carbs are not evil in the fitness industry anymore there just moderated.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

Savana that food sounds lovely

When i dieted i cut out all junk food and eat a lot of similar things to your above post

i had a lot of broccli butternut squash chicken and corn loads of veg basically

it really paid off