Notices

Fatman

Old 01-15-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fatman

I thought giving up 1500-2000 alcohol calories a day would result in diminished girth.
WRONG!
My belt, which is well worn at the 4 th hole, is now barely big enough to get around my fat gut. I need to suck back and recoil just to reach the first hole!
The numbers on that evil scale (I swear the wife is manipulating the dial like an old MASH episode with Burn's pants) are up by 15- and I feel like a bloated circus pig.
Does any one else eat and eat and then eat some more early in sobriety?
There is a treadmill upstairs- and a recumbent bike- covered in books and laundry!
Those who said scotch is an "acquired taste" were never forced to drink Earl Grey tea! Maybe I will take a steaming mug of it up with me, and search for that on switch on that treadmill.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ugh, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought for sure the weight was going to fall right off since I stopped consuming all those calories from beer. Nope! I decided to give myself a break until I get past the first month, than I'm hitting that treadmill hard!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

Yeah I figured for sure I'd drop weight like crazy when I quit consuming so many additional calories in booze alone. it makes me wonder why I wasn't larger even. If I recall I was drinking 20,000 calories or so of booze per week that's a ton of weight I shoulda lost!

I also had an elipitcal machine that made a great towel rack and I had a treadmill that was also great to hang clothes on and such.

about 6 months after I sobered up I decided to try that elipitcal only to have it break on me after 30 days! then I started walking outside yeah who new that out there there was this free exercise machine called earth its also covered in stuff but most of it is decent to look at while walking. I lost over 100lbs.

as for the acquired taste of earl gray tea your right and I know when I sobered up and quit smoking and could taste and smell again there where many times I wish I couldn't!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try Paleo eating--I had the same problem at first since I still craved carbs and sugar since that is the way alcohol metabolizes.

Eating low carb, plus fat and protein whole foods really really worked.

Great job on quitting!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My first six months sober, I ate like a pig, gain weight like crazy (there are no carbs in vodka and diet soda), YET I can't tell you how many people asked if I'd LOST weight, adding I looked "different." It's been about three and a half years now, and I've continued to gain weight, only in the last couple of weeks have I FINALLY gotten back to working out - and I LOVE it.

Hint, you wanna lose weight? Concentrate less on the cardio and more on weight/strength training. I know, it goes against what a lot of people think, just do a little research, it's a fact.

"The meal is not over when I'm full, the meal is over when I hate myself." - Louis CK
Old 01-16-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The boredom factor reigns supreme at times. No booze (and I'm not changing my mind) no smokes (since May) and now you want to deprive me of sugars and carbs- the only foods fun to ingest!?? As the wise people say: this too shall pass! I'll be getting down with the rabbits, sharing their food- watching the blubber fade away. Why does this all have to be so flippin' much work> LOL
Have a peaceful weekend, everyone.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Donnie i put on weight but i had too and then dieted at month 8/9

Have a nice weekend
Old 01-16-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

For the record, even when I was a weight lifting fiend, I still worked cardio into my routines, as I am now.

Check this out: http://bodyforlife.com/
Old 01-16-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by DonnieB View Post
The boredom factor reigns supreme at times. No booze (and I'm not changing my mind) no smokes (since May) and now you want to deprive me of sugars and carbs- the only foods fun to ingest!?? As the wise people say: this too shall pass! I'll be getting down with the rabbits, sharing their food- watching the blubber fade away. Why does this all have to be so flippin' much work> LOL
Have a peaceful weekend, everyone.
yeah I had to grow up and start acting like an adult even my god the horror! Next they start expecting you to bathe regularly and put on clean clothes as if!

Lucky for me I'm still able to act like an irresponsible child now and then I just pick safer fire to play with haha.