Notices

Pick myself up again!

Old 01-12-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pick myself up again!

Hey everyone! Well I bartended last night and fell very hard on my face off of this awesome wagon😥 I did coke and drank til the fuzzy memory happend, drove home, pissed hubby off cuz it was 6 when I got home! Yep, feeling like **** and soooo depressed! Oh and my screen on iPhone is shattered! Don't remember how or why, ugh
Old 01-12-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Perhaps the choice to tend bar needs to change. Too much temptation in a bar. You may reply with "I need to work," and I'll counter with, "You need to work on your recovery."
Old 01-12-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

Perhaps the choice to tend bar needs to change. Too much temptation in a bar. You may reply with "I need to work," and I'll counter with, "You need to work on your recovery."
From one perspective I could take a offense to your comment. "oh what does he know" "look at him on his soapbox" "mr perfect" " my case is different" "he just doesnt get it" the list goes on.

But the reality of your comment is recovery needs to be the first priority if we want to recover is all that your saying.

If some obstacle is in your way get it out of the way so that you can recover.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I want to quit as I agree working at a bar is huge temptation! My hubby doesn't want me to quit though! I'm on his crap list today already but did text that I think I should quit & he says we have bills to pay!
Old 01-12-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

zjw is 100% correct, if you are serious about changing your life and getting off the booze, then there is nothing more important than your recovery. Anything that is a serious obstacle or temptation to your sobriety should be removed until you have built up enough sober muscles to avoid it all together.

For me, I seemed to care less about angering my partner, as I never let that stand in the way of my drinking, but when my emotions and feelings became so overwhelming, I could barely function, and life became super difficult. I knew it was time to quit.

We're all different, but I truly hope that you realize how much better life can be and give yourself the time (at least 90 days of no drinking) to see that life is better!
Old 01-12-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can you tell your husband your health is more important than a job? You may have to remove yourself from the service industry, they are partiers as far as i have seen it's totally a
lifestyle. A nice calm desk job or cashiering or anything that does not provide the late hours and social aspect- it's kind of important, it's your life!
Old 01-13-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

With your acknowledged condition isn't working so closely with alcohol an unacceptable job hazard? I could never work in an environment where my personal security could be so easily compromised.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Let the broken expensive phone screen serve as a painful reminder of why you need to stay away from alcohol including for work.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

he wants you to work there says you have bills to pay but I'm sure he doesn't like you coming home trashed either. Your afraid to stomp on his toes by quiting the job but loosing controla nd coming home drunk is acceptable? I just want to point out that your logic and his are kinda well messy.

Now I realize not everyone can just walk off the job or something. But sometimes we need too. Othertimes its time to come up with a rescue plan and fast. Heck even a different bar to work at might be a better alternative I hate to say that but it is possible. IE go to new place keep your head down do your job don't get to friendly be sure to tell co workers etc.. you don't drink etc.. so you can keep your nose clean. Soemtimes its hard in our current situations where everyone knows as as one thing and we all the sudden want to try and be another thing.

I wouldn't just settle for "oh we gotta pay bills" etc.. Look deeper keep searching for a solution there is one.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi.

Lets not forget that the disease of alcoholism is DEADly.

For most alcoholics with some sober time working as a bartender is a hazard to their life.
It’s like playing Russian Roulette with only 2 cylinders empty.

BE WELL
Old 01-14-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

youre job searching, right?
Old 01-14-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zjw

For most alcoholics with some sober time working as a bartender is a hazard to their life.
It’s like playing Russian Roulette with only 2 cylinders empty.
I simply had to go into a bar to pickup some food we had ordered in early sobriety and I barely made it out of there. I had to wait for the food to be ready. While I waited I watched everyone drinking and having what appears to be a good time. I watched the bar tender pour draft after draft. I could smell the booze so well I could literally taste it. the odor of cigarettes filled the air the atmosphere seemed wonderful to me. I was down right twitchen. I finally got the food and got out of there as fast as I could. I have not ordered food from a bar since and I'm not real eager to go pick it up if someone does etc.. No thanks.