Notices

Romantic Frustrations in Sobriety

Old 01-14-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

OKCupid is the site I liked best from the conventional variety. I used it for a couple years in the past. We are open to browse and search freely, can see all the profiles, yet there are suggestions by the system if we are interested in those. I met quite a few really interesting folks there, many just on the site for a while, but a few also in 3D. Never ended up in a long term relationship with anyone from the site, but that was not my goal anyway at the time, more just looking for friends and interestingness. I still keep in touch with two people from it after >3 years, one has moved to the other side of the country since. I find the culture of the site quite open-minded. There was a short list of main features that pops up right when we open a profile, and shows the person's drinking prefs (if they choose to fill that part). It's easy to put there someone never drinks, there was such an option (for sure I did not choose that option back then). No idea how it is now though, have not been on it for years. I personally never stayed on any site where the system makes the matches and I can't peruse the profiles freely the way I want.