Notices

Camping ... triggers ... I can do it....

Old 01-09-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Camping ... triggers ... I can do it....

I have been feeling pretty ill all week (not drinking though ) facing many stresses (like all of us) and so I have decided to join my husband and a life long family friend of ours and go camping with them for five nights along part of the beautiful coast line we have here in the south west of WA. I'm even taking my own little dome tent (hubby and I get on better that way) and plenty to read. Of course my "eight legs" are coming as well so whilst the guys go of fishing the dogs and I can walk, run and play. And to top it off the guys also cook the fish ... all I have to do is eat it !!!

I just have to be so mindful of the many triggers whilst on such a relaxing holiday ... the obvious one like "Champers and nibbly times" and many more. Obviously I'm not taking any but the temptations will still be there..... camping it maybe ... but I'm sure I will still be able to logon here and see you all reminding me not what to do !!!!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you all have a great trip Julie - will your husband and the friend be drinking?

D
Old 01-09-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Julie, camping sober is fantastic. I went last fall, for three days. I hiked and hiked and hiked. It was beautiful. Celebrating your sobriety in nature is amazing! Have fun. Enjoy.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes they will Dee ... but not heavily and actually their drinking is never a trigger ... and they dont do the champers and nibblies bit .. so I'm not afraid of that ...
Old 01-10-2015, 12:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Trachemy I will
Old 01-10-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is going to be my big test. We have an Rv and everyone drinks "camping" I've always had a drink in my hand for years. I'm not worried about it but waiting for spring is the tough part