Notices

69 Days For Me, But Husband Relapsed

Old 01-09-2015, 01:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

69 Days For Me, But Husband Relapsed

Well, I made it through the holidays and have 69 days today! Feeling well, and each day my life is getting better and better. I feel like I am getting so much accomplished that I otherwise would be unable to do drinking. I am so happy but don't want to develop mania over my success either, lol.

My husband ended up having 2 beers the other day. I knew he was dying to drink, as he is not committed to staying sober or going to AA or anything. He was so happy to drink again. I think he was beginning to resent me that he could not drink.

I have chosen not to leave him over this, even though I told him before I did not want to be in a relationship with an active alcoholic. However, I have told him that I do not want alcohol in the house, which he has chosen to respect. I also told him that if he drinks too much and becomes belligerent when we are out of the house, I will leave and choose not to be around him.

We will see how this goes but obviously his prognosis is grim since an alcoholic cannot control his drinking. I am crossing my fingers for him!
Old 01-09-2015, 01:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Hey! I am so proud of you! You are doing so great! Sorry about your husband. Just be safe my friend! Youve been through tooooo much!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My H drinks. I'm not leaving either. I'm not making any big decisions until I have a large block of sober time behind me. It's hard to detach but it's imperative that you keep your focus on your own sobriety and on finding your own joy, and let him do his own thing. You have my support!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear about your 69 days JB but I'm not surprised at your husband's relapse and resentment.
However, you are doing a great job with your own recovery despite dealing with that and I think that is something to be proud of.

Please take care of yourself in terms of safety given his tendency towards anger / violence when drinking.

As you said, prognosis is grim, especially now that the gates are opened.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congratulations. let him see any positive results you reap. wish you the best.