Notices

Full Disclosure

Old 01-22-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am using AVRT for the head, treadmill for body and AA for spirit (I am not doing the steps again. No matter what means just that to me and it's more to address the thoughts that precede the eff-it. AA says the sme thing in these parts--"don't drink even if yer ass falls off and even if it does, pick it up and carry it to a meeting" (or here). You are feeling puny now but there will be puny days. You never have to feel that way for THAT reason again.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkbeformakrun View Post

I quit other addictive substances, long ago, without any 12 step programs or knowing about AVRT. I used the principles of it without knowing about it. I simply decided to quit and never looked back.

One question, to you or anyone who found AVRT helpful:

I did quit drinking and said I'd never go back. Then I did. I'm back to not drinking but of course since I did slip up once, this idea of "and I will never change my mind" seems to ring hollow. Like I know I might so I can't say that.
Sounds like you need something to help as this stage with stopping the repetition and habit of drinking. Maybe it's AVRT, AA, or something else. But my view is do whatever suits you to internalize the concept that you shouldn't drink.

Don't worry too much about what might happen in the future. Focus on now and I bet you'll stop worrying about what the future entails.