Notices

Avrt

Old 01-02-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Avrt

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has participated in AVRT, particularly in the teleconference - did you feel it was worthwhile? I've been looking at the website and like a lot of what he says, but wondering how it's been received by my colleagues. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi gvr, I have not personally done anything other than read some of avrt. If you post this in the secular connections forum you will get a better response.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

No teleconference for me either, even though I am a very strong proponent of AVRT and advocate for self empowerment and stuff like that. AVRT is not a lot more than the collected lore of the self-recovered, and it's nothing magic, but it explains how folks who quit drinking on their own quit drinking on their own.

Do you feel you need this teleconference thing? Why not give the Secular Connections forum a shot and see what the good folks there can do for you? You might find, as many have, that you already have what you need to stop drinking for good.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
hi gvr, I have not personally done anything other than read some of avrt. If you post this in the secular connections forum you will get a better response.
Thanks, I'll do that!
Old 01-03-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
You might find, as many have, that you already have what you need to stop drinking for good.
I think so. Recovery programs haven't worked for me and I agree with a lot of what he says about 12 step programs.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I only know the basics of AVRT, but just that has been enough to help me tremendously. I am just starting the Rational Recovery book which provides more in depth info on it. I've found the concept to be very helpful.