Notices

Support app

Old 01-01-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Support app

Is there an app or other way to connect directly with a fellow alcoholic support friend like an AA buddy when feeling the urge to drink? I don't have any friends I can use standard texting that are like me. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Yup, it's called God. Found him through the 12 steps and he's been with me 24/7 ever since, and has never let me down in almost 35 years.

I never found the phone a useful defense against the first drink. When the obsession was on me, all defenses are down and the last thing I'm gonna do is call someone who might try and talk me out of drinking.

The phone is, however, a very useful way to develop relationships and learn about living sober and many a call for help with the steps or some life drama has helped me find a solution before the obsession got triggered, as long as I was willing to listen to the suggestions offered.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can add this site to your phone, I check out this site multiple times daily from my phone.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

are you involved in AA will - you can get phone numbers of people from the meetings?

D
Old 01-01-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

are you involved in AA will - you can get phone numbers of people from the meetings?

D
Old 01-01-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Do an app search on your phone. I was surprised at how many sobriety apps there were. (I dont know why I was surprised) I really think your best bet is to go to an AA meeting. Get there early /hang around after. Get some phone numbers. Also if you feel you are about to cave reading and posting on here is very very helpful. Saved me several times!