Notices

Don't k own why I even try

Old 12-27-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Why can't I stop, why do I do the same things over and over and over, why does it have to be so hard.
Denial and rationalization are hallmarks of alcoholism. Alcoholics can not drink, but once they have one they can't stop. You just don't get that yet. If you get really serious I suggest going to AA, getting a sponsor and doing 90 meetings in 90 days. I didn't want to go but it was either do that or die. It's 23 years later now........
Old 12-27-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Will,
You pretty much answered everything in an earlier post when you said that maybe you should give AA another try. Many of the people who you think have it easy are the ones who go to AA meetings regularly, especially if they had a compulsion to drink like you did yesterday. If you would have ridden your bike to an AA meeting yesterday, you probably would not have drank. Counseling may help, but it won't help as much as meetings.

I will be honest and admit that I am not going to as many AA meetings now that I should be. But they did help me in my first 30 days, as that was the most difficult month.

Your solution is to just not drink. Unfortunately, it is going to take a bit more work than that or else everyone would be doing that.

My secret right now is exercise and food. I love to eat, and when I get a craving for alcohol, it usually subsides after I eat. However, I also am exercising a lot because I want to stay healthy and fit into my jeans still. I also go to AA meetings and call a few people in the AA program to check in with.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

How's it going will?

D