Notices

Getting my foundation back under me

Old 12-23-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting my foundation back under me

I have 25 months sober as of December 3, 2014 thank you God! But, I am going through a weird transition period. I just finished school, yay! but I'm not working as I study for a licensing exam so I have lots of time, which is good and bad. I'm learning to relax and be still and be thankful for this break which I know won't last forever.

The other tough part is that I lost my sponsor. She decided to shut down, isolate and just stop participating in life and recovery. I don't know what happened with her, she quit talking to everyone including her sponsor and she just dropped out of life. A friend reminded me that my sponsor is sick too, just like we all are and to be gracious, but I'm angry and hurt and I need to do a 4th step on it and I have a friend who is willing to hear that.

I just feel a little lost right now. Part of it is having a lot of time on my hands and I am going to meetings, reading recovery literature and journaling. I do sponsor someone and she is doing great! I value the time I get to have with her it helps me stay focused. I am also realizing that I have some adult child issues to deal with that were/are behind my alcoholism. I guess I'm just going through a normal time of feelings that doesn't feel normal to me because I don't like to feel, which is why I drank and now that I'm sober I feel. Anyway, just thought posting and answering a few other posts would help me get out of myself a bit today. Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

WOW Seeking help 25 months sober is amazing

Sorry about your sponser

Your doing all the right things bud and your sponsering someone thats really good

Happy christmas friend
Old 12-23-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks! I appreciate the encouragement and sometimes I need to check in to make sure I'm on the right track. Merry Christmas to you too friend!
Old 12-23-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you
Old 12-23-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All I've got is "WOW" great job! Merry Christmas! 25 months is fantastic!
Old 12-23-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 25 months!!

I'm sorry about your sponsor and the other issues that are cropping up.

I will just share my ES&H. I came here as a recovering addict, read around, and quickly realized that I was also a codependent. I'm what they call a "double winner", though I didn't feel that way at first.

SR has a ton of forums that speak to all areas of addiction, including adult child issues. Though I am not one, I did learn a lot from those who are.

My suggestion is to read around on SR, you never know where you will find support

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-23-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey 1seekinghelp- Congrats on the 25 months!

It sounds like you're doing very well in your goals to stay sober. It's not always easy, but you seem to be on track for continued success with it. I can related to some of how you're feeling as well. I just have to remind myself of the many downsides of drinking, to help keep with my own goals.

I want to wish you well on your continued progress, and Merry Christmas to you as well.

Lusher
Old 12-24-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

congratulations 25 months awesome and your sponsoring great job.