SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Booze calculator: What's your drinking nationality? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/353998-booze-calculator-whats-your-drinking-nationality.html)

MaidenNZ 12-19-2014 11:42 AM

Booze calculator: What's your drinking nationality?

In the month of December alcohol consumption increases as many people celebrate the festive season. But how does your drinking measure up to the average from countries around the world? Find out below if you are similar to a boozy Belarusian or a teetotal Kuwaiti

BBC News - Booze calculator: What's your drinking nationality?

Hendrix 12-19-2014 12:51 PM

Apparently my consumption was unlike any country in the world!

I often thought I was from another planet :)

anattaboy 12-19-2014 12:57 PM

Greetings! Interesting stats!

MaidenNZ 12-19-2014 01:05 PM

haha Hendrix!!

Bostonsportsfan 12-19-2014 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hendrix (Post 5085626)
Apparently my consumption was unlike any country in the world!

I often thought I was from another planet :)

This

Soberwolf 12-19-2014 05:20 PM

Thank you

LBrain 12-19-2014 05:56 PM

Your drinking average is unlike any country in the world.

:a122:

2muchpain 12-19-2014 06:04 PM

I put in what I normally drank in just one day and still didn't fit any country. Sure seemed like normal drinking to me. I guess my plan to move to a more progressive country that would "understand me" isn't going to work. LOL John

SonomaGal 12-19-2014 11:47 PM

My quiz said:

You drink (DRANK) like you're from Romania, which is the fifth heaviest-drinking country in the world.

I'm from the U.S. about which they said:

The average resident of the United States drinks a total of about 9.2 litres of pure alcohol a year, making it the joint 48th heaviest-drinking country.

SonomaGal 12-19-2014 11:48 PM

My quiz said:

You drink (DRANK) like you're from Romania, which is the fifth heaviest-drinking country in the world.

I'm from the U.S. about which they said:

The average resident of the United States drinks a total of about 9.2 litres of pure alcohol a year, making it the joint 48th heaviest-drinking country.

Tonymblue 12-20-2014 12:24 AM

My drining habit was also unlike any country in the world. I think i must be from all the countries.

MaxxPower 12-20-2014 12:25 AM

Supposedly I'm a Kuwaiti cause I haven't drank anything this week. :)

Aellyce 12-20-2014 12:32 AM

Well I tried to assess my two most memorable realities using this test: the current one and my worst drinking times. It puts me off the chart both ways, on the two opposite poles. And I thought I was already far over the perception of being a misfit in the world, or having extreme behaviors...

Carbonized 12-20-2014 12:50 AM

Your drinking habits are unlike the average from any country.

But your closest match on overall consumption alone is Belarus, the heaviest-drinking country in the world.

You are on course to drink about 88.6 litres of pure alcohol over the year, which is 552% more than the average for men in the United States, and 1,708% more than the average for women.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................

OMFG!

This was my peak three year period and i actually just put my weekly beer/ale AVERAGE and didn't factor in ANY hard liquor or wine i consumed during that period.

I sorta feel sick now.

Tang 12-20-2014 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hendrix (Post 5085626)
Apparently my consumption was unlike any country in the world! I often thought I was from another planet :)

My results were the same. Sadly I know people who drank more than me.

fini 12-20-2014 08:04 AM

how does my drinking fit in with the average from countries around the world?

what drinking?

':)

courage2 12-20-2014 08:16 AM

This made me laugh out loud. Thanks!

natsume 12-20-2014 08:29 AM

Looks like I would have been considered a heavier than average drinker in Belarus back when I was 25!

Altoids 12-21-2014 08:50 PM

Oh my word. Too eye opening when I put in my old stats. They could have just said "you live in Hell." That woulda summed up where I lived perfectly back then. Thankfully, I've moved to a sober state. It's a much better neighborhood ;)

MelindaFlowers 12-22-2014 12:06 AM

I don't think it's normal to drink a half liter of vodka every night in any country. Now that I don't drink I'd probably get Saudi Arabia.