Notices

Not pissed

Old 12-16-2014, 11:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Not pissed

Hi everyone. Us girlies love a west end Christmas shop and yesterday I did mine. I went with a very close friend of mine who knows my drinking history and doesn't actually drink herself. Because for sure I knew I would remain sober and come home sober. That sentence in itself indicates the writer has either a problem with drink or is an alcoholic, lol!!!!

We had a blast. Hadn't even got on the train & we passed by a local store and I purchased a beautiful sparkling crystal evening bag.

On to the west end we sped. First stop amazing bargains in a top trendy shop. Presents for daughter. Then a coffee stop (with cake, lol). This would definitely have been a different beginning to the day had I been drinking & shopping with a boozer mate: without doubt first stop would have been champagne bar @ selfridges whereupon my drinking brain would have kicked in for the day.

We must have stopped & shopped at every store imaginable. We walked & walked and looked and admired and chatted and laughed all day long. We stopped and had a lovely lunch at our usual Italian. We shared a large bottle of sparkling water. We shopped more until I physically couldn't walk any more.

Laden down with bags we made our way to the tube, then stopped for a welcome cuppa! Aaahhhh to rest our weary limbs.

We got home about 7.30 and as I walked through the door my phone started ringing, it was hubby. I knew he was probably thinking: it's a bit late, where is she!!!! Meaning: I wonder if???

The last time I went on a west end trip with a boozer mate I came home so drunk I couldn't even speak!

I got home, fed & watered the digs, poured a lovely coffee and mulled over what an amazing, sober day I had. Fell asleep on the sofa & woke up with Telly blaring.

This morning I'm sober, deviously happy because I wasn't pissed.

Happy Christmas everyone xx
Old 12-17-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done. The beauty of sober days!
Old 12-17-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Glad you enjoyed your day.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you had a great day Lilly

Love going up town walking about having a coffee and people watching ,sometimes I look in bars and pubs and feel sorry for all the prisoners trapped inside , and thank god I am very nearly 3 years free ho ho ho !
Old 12-17-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
quat

Sounds like a great day.
Masterpiece on PBS tv has a show called Selfrigdes , love that show and the story. I'd love to see that store.