Notices

Dreams About Drinking

Old 12-14-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have had loads of drinking dreams, some of them, I actually drink, others, someone is trying to get me to drink. (usually its my parents trying to get me to drink because they still don't like/don't accept that I am a recovering alcoholic)
Anytime I wake up from one where I didn't drink I usually wake up super annoyed at that person in the dream who actually offered me the alcohol.
If I wake up from one where I actually drank, I get super sad, disappointed in myself, angry, etc etc.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i always have dreams of relapse that are filled with "the morning after remorse". when i wake up in a cold sweat i feel so relieved that it was just a dream but, for some reason i still feel guilty too lol. they are just reminders and reinforcements of the feelings we have for the will to stay sober and had in the struggle to quit.

Last edited by M0NSTER; 12-14-2014 at 10:45 PM. Reason: adding
Old 12-15-2014, 12:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have had them. Dreams where I am drinking and then think I'm hungover for about 15 seconds after waking up. After the 15 seconds just pure relief and then I get on with another good hangover-free day!