Notices

Chandelier

Old 12-11-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Chandelier

Didn't realize this song was about alcoholism until I read the lyrics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM

One of the comments I found helped explain the video:
"To the people saying video is creepy and the girl's dancing has nothing to do with the song, this video and song represents addictions (Sia's to be more specific), the house is her mental stage while the girl is her spirit being manipulated by her addictions (drugs,alcohol,etc) that's why the girl continually switches from being happy to angry in such short time while being around the house. She is depressed but addictions keep her distracted from reality. Sia contemplated suicide which explains when the girl wraps the curtains around her neck and waves goodbye, but still she is trapped in the house (she is still depressed), also in the end she seems like she was scolding herself and later makes an ovation suggesting she is leaving those addictions because she is now calmed around the house. Even though she is still depressed, she will learn how to live and overcome depression without addictions". 
Old 12-12-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I absolutely love the video and the dancing is beautifully expressive.
Cannot get the song/video out of my head.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Muunray View Post
I absolutely love the video and the dancing is beautifully expressive.
Cannot get the song/video out of my head.
For some strange reason I always think of the Kurdish city Kobani and the women fighters of the YPJ battling ISIS every time I hear it. I think because it was playing in the background while I was watching some footage of the fighting while it was getting desperate there several weeks ago. Now every time I hear the song I'm reminded of the tenacity, courage and fellowship of the women fighters prevailing against a desperate battle with a savage and relentless enemy with little to no help. I wondered why it was that the song seemed to fit it in my mind and out of curiosity looked it up. Not far off the mark, every alcoholic, addict also fights a desperate life and death battle of their own as this song so reminds us.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I learned what this song was about, I figured that is why I liked it so much without realizing it.

The song originally reminded me of a girl suffering with an eating disorder, particularly anorexia nervosa. Especially the part where she is sitting at the table trying to make herself eat. Probably just my intrepretation though.. I am sure its mostly just about her struggle with alcoholism.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love this song. Thank you.

Bunnez