Notices

Day 3

Old 12-08-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Well folks just checking in with you all

Last night, I tried to get to sleep but it didn't go too well. Despite having a large "pig out" during the day, I was starving by 3am.

Imagine Bruce Bogtrotter from Matilda - you know when Mrs Trunchbull (sp?) makes him eat the large chocolate cake? Yeah - that was me at 3am this morning (thankfully I'm, nowhere near his size however haha), only instead I finished off a chicken, ham, carrots and lettuce. All washed down with 1 litre of full fat milk! After that, I went off to sleep

Fell asleep around 4am and just awake about 20 minutes ago (it's currently 13:20 UK time)

Again, taking my next dose of Librium soon.

Did anyone else experience such a huge increase in their appetite, or am I just weird?
Old 12-08-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey am658- Congrats on day-3!

I have read numerous times in here about problems with sleeping during the beginning, me included. I'm pretty sure this should normalize after a while, so hang in there.

I've also read about the increased hunger issues as well, however I never experienced that part.

Anyhow, well done and I wish you continued success with your progress.

Lusher
Old 12-08-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 3 Am

my appitite took a while to comeback around a week or 2 but everybody is diffrent your not weird at all

your sober friend ! and well done on that
Old 12-08-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for your replies It really is such a massive help having this forum.

This week I'm arranging to go to a "Community Addictions team" meeting. It's an NHS thing. Is it the same as Alcoholics Anonymous or is it a one-on-one thing? Either way I'm looking forward to it. I have so much free time in the past three days for two reasons:

1. Not drinking
2. Not recovering the next morning

Spent tonight cleaning out my aquarium - have a little more energy now as my dosage of Librium is way down. Wow it was some job. The water was green so had to empty the tank. Nearly 3 hours later and I'm still doing it. Ughh. Feel so bad for the two fish (they're doing well in their temporary tank though ) - I would have had them cleaned out so much sooner, had I not spent so much time in an ethanol-induced haze!!

Last edited by am658; 12-08-2014 at 01:06 PM. Reason: More info
Old 12-08-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like a great Day3 to me. I'm sure your fish are happy too!